Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Hi Andrew,

As far as I'm aware, as you intend to fly from Glasgow, you are stuck with tour operator/charter flights - these generally (as you've discovered) aren't cheap, except when they have failed to fill seats with package tour holidaymakers and have to sell them off in 'late booking' deals.

Around £205 up to £325 per adult appears to be the price range available at the moment for a two-week stay from Glasgow on your chosen date.

Baldur
Hi Baldur, thanks for getting back to me. Would it be a lot cheaper flying to another city (perhaps in England) and getting a budget flight to Bourgas?

Andrew
Hi Andrew,

At the moment, the only 'budget' airline flying to Burgas is Wizzair, which flies from Luton over the summer - their timetable/prices are not yet available for next year. Some posters have obtained cheap flights but some of the Wizzair flight prices for certain dates can be as dear as/dearer than the scheduled airlines' flights.

The only scheduled flights to the coast, as far as I'm aware, currently fly into Varna (just under 134 kilometres/83.26 miles from Burgas) from Manchester or Gatwick (B.A. & Bulgaria Air) - the Bulgaria Air Manchester flight is via Sofia, I believe.

BA flights from Gatwick to Varna are currently being quoted at £139.99 return, while Bulgaria Air are quoting around £163.

The cost of travel to Gatwick and from Varna to Burgas would probably soon add up to the same as, or more than, the cheapest flight from Glasgow.

People have been eagerly waiting for budget flights to Bulgaria for at least 4/5 years - Easyjet are flying into Sofia from Gatwick for the first time this winter, which is a positive sign but, as yet, they have shown no sign of flying to the coastal airports in the summer season.

Baldur
Hi Andrew

Price today first choice Glasgow £350 for 2.
We went last June booked in May £220
To early to book yet not all airlines posted yet.

Dron
I just looked for flights going in that day and there is a first choice going from Glasgow that night and their charging £175 per adult. Which i think is very fair.

Regards,

Adam.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.