Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Goa Beer
11 Posts
I see they are doing an alcohol free version - can't imagine that will go down well in Goa!

Candybabe
I agree... unless its mixed with right spirit ... :roll:
had one in an india restaurant in lancaster about 2 years ago. think i put a post on about it. thought it was like cobra, "real indian beer brewed in halifax" quite surprised when i read the label and it said it was brewed in goa
andy
Hi Aj

No never seen the beer here in the UK or in Goa but will try it I like a beer but just can't drink Kingfisher in Goa the preservative in the bottled beer is just too much for me. Only ever had Kingfisher on draught once in Baga 10 years ago can't remember the bars name but it was run by a scotsman who used to work on rigs, however I will be having a nice long cool Kingfisher tonight, going for a Indian meal at the Sharzan
(local restaurant) and they have it on draught, good eh!!!
Was it maybe KCs Scottish Bar on the CSM Road in Baga? That pub is run by a man from Edinburgh.
Yes thats the one Gemma.
He told us that he was on holiday in Goa during the monsoon period enjoying a well deserved break from the oil rigs, he got talking to a local who offered him the property for rent, he said striaght away he would have it went back home jacked his job in went back to Goa the rest is history Im glad he is still there Is he still selling Kingfisher on draught?
May travel up to the north for a pint in Jan 08 if he is.
Hi Dajen not sure about the Kingfisher on draught as I am not a lager or beer drinker. (No comments from you Tony! :shock: ). However I will pop in when I return to Goa in November and let you know before you travel in Jan 08 :D
(No comments from you Tony! ).

:shock: As if I would :lol:
Dajen - Hope the meal at the Indian was good. There is a vegetarian indian joint in the outskirts of Reading which is supposed to be very good, they make all south indian dishes including breakfast like Masala Dosa etc... will have to check it out soon... :D

Will be in Goa around 3rd week of October for a week and and won't be eager to find Goa Beer since its non-alcoholic; I will stick to small bottles of Kings or Kingfisher...

less than 60 sleeps to go.... :fly
Thanks Gemma thats very king of you.
Hi Aj yes the meal was perfect but as usual ordered too much
Kingfisher was pretty good never order too much of that!!!!.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.