Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
The hotels vary their prices, and are more pricey as they have a captive audience. The Prazeres hotel charges 80 rupees per bottle of kingfisher/Bud/Fosters. Just over the road, a little pub was selling the same for 40 rupees.

The shacks were averaging between 60 and 70 rupees. He may be a littl e to young to appreciate brandy, but Honeybee is a great drink, and a shot (more than a double here) is 40 rupees. A few of those with a coke soon gets the head wobbling !!! As an aside, for the late evening on the balcony drink, you can purchase a full bottle of Honeybee for just 110 rupees.

Have a great time.
Thanks Raz for that, I think I will try the honeybee this time, what do you add with the Brandy?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I wouldnt even go down the route of extra-curicular drugs. Fort Aguada prison is a wake-up call to anyone wishing to partake in any drugs.
I am sorry I dont know what you mean. What do you have with the Brandy, meaning which mixer?? I am totally opposed to any drug taking and so is my son, due to my eldest son developing Schizophrenia whilst taking illicit drugs!! :cry:
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I read it to mean Coke as short for Coca Cola.

Patka
polly - I think it was raz having a joke as he had said that he had the honeybee with coke(a cola). Unfortunately it backfired as its something that you would not find funny as you explained.
I tried honeybee with coke but found it too sweet for me I'm afraid. Husband tried it neat.
I tried it neat, but must admit I prefered it with my shirt hanging out.. :rofl ...Keith
To be truthful I find honeybee a bit coarse for my taste, and would never drink it in the UK. Having said that try a large honeybee with an expresso. What a great way to end the night!
anoher mixer for the Honeybee is Sprite although that can be a bit on the sweet side
Mmm....Honeybee + Iced Coffee, and if your calorie counting, you can always get halfway down the glass and add another Honeybee.
The Nintendra in Candolim does a mean one.
Just for the record, I thought pollygolly was having the joke, when she asked what to mix with honeybee, when I'd obviously pointed out I take it with Coke (Coca Cola).

No jokes intended on my part at all. Ergo, no backfiring. :)
Ooh some of the above comments are painful :)
The drinks are so cheap overthere its great.

If cubana opens its about £7 to get in then all the drinks are free (smirnoff vodka too!!). If he's with a lady friend it'll only cost £4 to get in.
  • Edited by mardon 2007-12-13 12:43:00
Mardon

I'd expect non stop Dom Perignon for a £400 entry fee. :mrgreen:
I think Its best to have honeybee neat with loads of safe ice to water it down -it also helps you digest those curries :D
Thats great info on the Honeybee, I must have been blind when we have gone before as I have never seen or even heard of it until I started reading this forum!!
Cant wait until Monday when we can just relax and have a bit of fun :wave
Polly another one to look out for is Old Monk, couple of our friends who partake in the odd short or two used to drink it. Not sure if its a Brandy or Whisky type drink. (dont drink shorts myself).....Keith
ett
Mmm sounds interesting Keith, I will look out for that as I am a whisky drinker. Do they have Baileys? I like that too!! I am getting that excited feeling in my stomach now!! We have only been at the New Year so Christmas will be something else. I want a lobster at one of the shacks for Christmas lunch 8)
our friend drinks old monk - its dark rum again mixed coke
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.