Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
GOA TO KERALA
5 Posts
4 of us went to kerala from Goa by flight 2 seasons ago .I think it was about 6.000 rs each return. I have been told the train is really nice as the views are wonderful. We stayed in Kochin before traveling round Kerala. We found accommodation when we got there.
imho -hi,

Is it possible that you can get more information regarding train from Goa / Kerala please? Would love to know about the comfort of various classes and the frequency / duration of service.

Have looked around on the net, but the only information I seem to find is contradictory - with no real indication of how up to date it is. UK Travel Agents don't seem to be interested (too much hassle I expect).

Also if John (jcbrum) is monitoring - hi and do you have any thoughts?

Cheers

Peter
We flew down from Dabolim to Cochin a couple of years ago, if memory serves me it was about a three hour flight.We came back, overnight by train getting in to Goa about midday. We travelled 2nd class AC sleeper, that was absolutley fine. The beds are three tier on one side of the passage, and two on the other side, so it's best to try and book that side, great fun, they fold up during the day into seats so there is eight in each sleeping section. You get loads of food during the journey as part of the ticket, and vendors move up and down the train all the time with drinks and snacks, would recommend the journey to anyone ALAN
Hi Gramps,

Thank you. We have looked into flights, but the Cochin (or Trivandrum) flights seems to go all around the houses (or shacks) and oh, how we hate Indian Airports....................... :(

Train kind of appeals, especially if there are some scenic parts of the journey (in one direction or the other).

Will have to do some more research here.

Thanks, once again

Peter
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.