Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Can't answer for sure on how busy/quiet it would be, but as it is a small place would expect it to be very quiet. The weather in the area can be lovely, but can also be quite changeable, a bit like an English summer. If you want to be assured of sun, better to wait till May, but of course if you don't mind a mixed bag, could be OK.
i agree with alfie gocek will probably be quiet in the winter, even bigger places like icmeler are virtually shut down, so i would go to a bigger resort and then you are at least guaranteed some bars, shops etc will be open, i love marmaris in the winter but hate it in the summer, all the old town is open ,but that main horrendous strip is closed. another place thats lovely and quiet but because its not particularly a tourist town so most bars are open is akyaka, have a look at that, its beautiful place

we were in marmaris at easter this year around beginning of april and the year before in antalya, weather wasnt that great either time, it was cloudy most of the week and we only managed to sun bathe for about 2 hours on about 2-3 days max, it was around 20-22, better than the uk, just depends what you are looking for
the marina stays open all year at gocek but alot of the restaurants will just be starting to open at the end of april but its still beautiful and you have always got fethiye a short drive of 15mins away or dolmus
there is a trend where enterprising people open for the winter.......... it is happening even in small resorts. I think there is a growing trend to have out of season hols in Turkey and prices are really cheap(normal to us residents).............. i'm sure Gocek isnt completely dead'
briar.............. turks are great copiers....not great innovators..... ive have never seen so many bars/restaurants open in Icmeler in the winter............ the brits started and the turks copied......... just get easyjet or the equivalent to fly here and you will get your wish
I would agree with ChelseaBoy, Gocek is likely to have a number of places open, for 1 there are a number of year round residents there. Also many places have started opening in winter, my 1st winter visit to Dalyan (which is about the same size as Gocek) the place was very quiet only really Pide places open, the main street was all shut up, this year most restaurants will be open.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.