Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Hi iggyziggy,

I only go to Albena for the odd day, as my house is fairly near there - so can't give hotel prices.

From walking along the front in July, beer appeared to be from around 3 Leva or so and cocktails were on 'special offer' at around 5 Leva. Walking North, towards the end of the resort (past the restaurant which looks like a ship and the 'Fisherman's Hut') the 'Beer House Kartel' offered a reasonable fixed price lunch (main course & a small beer) for around 6 Leva.

Just finishing packing before leaving for the airport for Varna in a couple of hours time - have a good holiday.
Do you mean the Vita Park? If so, we stayed at the next door sister hotel, the Ralitsa, which was superb, and you can use all the facilities there as well as in the Vita Park
3 lev for large beer, Beer Kartel much cheaper because it's outside Albena. Basically Albena is the most expensive resort but at 80p a pint you can't complain and it is so clean it is worth paying the extra 20p. I visited Golden Sands and Nessebar and have to say Albena is the best and I have been three times.
Hi All, You Albena people are getting right ripped off on beer prices.
We just came back from Sunny Beach this week and we got a pint for 1 leva in numerous places. Our hotel only charged 1.7 leva.
Cocktails were about 6 leva but you did get 2 for the price of one.

8) The Toonman
I don't think being charged 3 lev is being ripped off. Albena is kept spotlessly clean by a crew of people and it is a very safe place, there is no building works going on and it is a lovely resort. Personally and I mean my person opinion I know not all have the same opinion I prefer it as I found SB and GS too noisy and Blackpoolish but that's my view and don't slate me for it!
I have to agree with Sooze on this. When we first went to Sunny Beach, some 10 years ago or so, we loved it, and went back several times before we decided it had got too big & busy for our taste, and we went to Albena, and would not now dream of going back to Sunny Beach. For those who prefer smaller, quieter resorts, Albena is a good choice; if you prefer bigger resorts with lots of night life, then Sunny Beach or Golden Sands would be a good bet.
:glynis Iain
Hi Sooze29, I wasn't slating you off about Albena, it is a lovely place .
I was only passing comment about the price comparison between the 2 resorts, which I found amazing. 3 times the price for anything is a big difference especially in Bulgaria but it is obviously down to more competition in SB/GS than Albena.
No offence was intended.

8) The Toonman
It is a big difference in price you are right. We found the Beerhouse Kartel this year just outside Albena but the ship restaurant and that was 1.5 lev for a large beer. We went there a few times and it was lovely.

We have been three times now but have now seen all the sights we wanted to see and been on all the organised trips so we've off to Zante next year. I know the prices there are going to be higher so we're starting to save our pennies already! Will probably visit Albena again in a couple of years.
thanx for the replies, even @ £1 a pint, you can,t fall off. Having been to lanzarote in april prices were about £2 a pint if i remember right. plus rhodes 3 yrs in a row thought the last time there was a rip off.
Just back from 15th trip to albena.booked today for next June. Now down to prices. I have a bill in front of me for Son in Law. large Beer and two double Bulgarian Whisky(50mls each) Daughter 3 Vodka and Orange (4 shots of Vodka in Each. Adopted grand-daughter 3 non alcholic cocktails, myself two cappochino's and a pancake. 25.60Lev under £9.00 this was in cafe bar on the green alongside the dodgem Cars wonderful people. If you care to walk past the Arrabella(Boat Restaurant) Past Moby Dick the carry on out into the open another 300 metres you come to the 789 Cafe and Bar Beer 2 Lev a large one and Soft drinks only one lev.Cheers Tonyt.
I THINK!!!!!!

I've choosen Albena as my first Bulgarian resort to vist (I normaly do TURKEY BUT PRICES....)
So which hotel any suggestions b and b, all inc half b any would be most welcome.

Ta muchly for your time and trouble guys

chris
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.