Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
going saturday
10 Posts
Is that aprt of the Golden Hotel chain? If so it looks nice.
It is indeed. We have stayed in Playa Park and Taurus Park both of which are also in the same group and everything in these hotels has been brilliant, from the food, reps, entertainment etc and I would recommend the hotel group to everyone as I have never seen a bad report about them. Karen
Hi Josie,
Just back from the Donaire last Saturday, and I can say we thoroughly enjoyed it. Its not a posh hotel but a clean family hotel. We have stayed in this one and the Avenida which is in Salou. The Donaire can not be beaten for location, bang on the beach and at the start of the promenade in Pineda.
Breakfast goes on till 11.00am a godsend if you like your pop as we do, never been to a hotel which does breakfast till that time. Also if like to make bucks fizz for your breakfast fizzy wine is provided. Personally prefer a cup of tea, and leave the wineing till evening.
Speaking of tea or even coffee, if you like loads of it as I do take your own kettle as tea making facilities are not provided. Also if you like 2pillows take your own, as when we asked for spare pillows they had none. Had to improvise with blankets, none the less beds firm and comfortable.
Pineda is quieter than Salou, but if you crave the noise and the bright lights the bus stop is 200yards away going, but just outside the entrance coming back, so even with beer goggles we could find it.
Also if like swimming or paddling in the sea check for jellyfish first, some days they were quiet bad, and others none.
Cheers Bellana
thanks bellana, for the info on the jelly fish someone else was tellin me that as well.what was the weather like when you where there.
Hi Josie
Have a great time when you go. We are going to the Donnaire in september for two weeks and can't wait.

If you get the chance can you find out how much the trips to barcelona including the nou camp cost and also the cost to get to port aventura from the hotel please.

Also do they have hairdryers in the hotel room.

cheers
yvonne
Hi Josie and YC,
The weather we had was mainly hot and sunny, and we all came back with a suntan. One night we had an electrical storm, which was quiet fun to watch, and lasted several hours. Another evening we had a sea smog roll in, you could see the bank of smog rolling up the over the sea like a large net curtain. That was something I have never seen before and reminded us of a horror movie we once saw. None of the locals were suprised by these, so I presume they must be commonplace to this coast. None the less interesting for us landlocked yorkshire folk. Both of these happened in the evening and by morning the normal sun had returned.
Yes the rooms do have hairdryers in the bathroom, there not the quickest of hairdryers, but adequate.
Plana the bus company now do a regular bus route to Barcelona at a very reasonable price, €17.90 return, excellant compared to previous years when we paid at least double that price. I think it stops at the Nou Camp but can't guarantee it.
They also run a regular bus up to the theme park, I think it was every 30mins and costs about €1.50, The bus stop that way being about 200yards from the Donaire.
I think the taxis were about €10-€12euros to the park.
Cheers Bellana.
hi bellana

Thanks for that info.

Do you know if the buses run late back from barcelona as we also want to see the fountains.

Cheers
yvonne
Check the train times from Tarragona to Barcelona. Takes 45 mins - 1 hour, is very efficient & cheap (c£6 return in 2001). Train takes you right into the city centre at Barcelona Sants station from where you can either get a metro train to the Place de Catalunya OR get on one of the open top our buses which go in a circle (either way) to all the main tourist spots except Camp Nou. You can get on and off as much as you like.

By the way, go to Tarragona early evening and the main sqaure Placa de la Font (Fountain's Suare) comes alive with locals eating, sitting and talking. Here's a photo.
http://www.virtourist.com/europe/tarragona/

Buses run regularly from La Pineda. I'm sure yr hotel will have info but theres a tourist info booth outside the waterpark.
thank you everyone for all your help and info
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.