Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
I stayed there in 2002 and 2003 and the only reason for moving to other hotels was getting a better deal, not because anything was wrong with the Prazares. I cannot remember whether I have posted a review on HT but if I did, and it was a positive one, it was not because I am a drunken idiot - far from it.

I did not find it particularly noisy although it is probably best to try and avoid a room over the bar. Most hotel bars in Goa close reasonably early - say 11 pm.

The hotel is a reasonable 2 star hotel with wonderful staff who have not changed much over the years.

All hotels can have there noisy moments - I stayed in the Alor Grande this year and believe me, the Prazeres is like a monastery in comparison! We had drunks coming in up to 5.30 am but they had been drinking outside of the hotel.

I am sure you will have a great time. You will probably not spend too much time in the hotel - most people go to the beach for the day. My advice is do not worry too much.

Candybabe
Woo, I'm not saying that all positive reviews are written by drunken idiots. A bar that closes at 11ish is fine by me, it was the reports that said it stayed open til 4 or so playing loud music with puking drunks stumbling around the place that were worrying. Actually, a bar that closes at 4 is fine by me as well so long as it is quiet. I've been to Candolim before so I know what to expect and where I like to eat etc. I was just concerned I'd made a bad choice of hotel. Thanks for your reply though Candybabe, it was appreciated.
Chris
I know you did not mean to imply that - I know exactly how you feel about wanting it to be quiet - just remember to come in quietly yourself. I have been drunk in my time and know that one's perspective on how you are behaving tends to get skewed. As I said - have a great time. I have only been back 2 weeks and long for next Christmas when I will be there again.

C
Hi Hypostomus

I have stayed at prazeres 3 times and it was fine, just make sure you get a room away from the bar as it can get loud at night, but thats the same in any hotel really.
It's a bit close to the local rubbish tip - must smell a bit I would think. :shock:
nope no smells at all when i have stayed there.
Hi Hypostomus we are off to this hotel in november,i know its a long way of :cry: :cry: :cry: but when you get back will you do a report we stayed at the phoenix last november i know the prazeres probley wont be as good but let me know if i have made a mistake :oops: :oops: booking here we got 3 weeks for £553 :shock: :shock: honest now 2 weeks is more than that have a great time. irishman :lol:
prazeres is fine, we stopped there in november and go back to the same hotel in march.

some rooms are not that good, but we got one above the bar to the left and it was fine, no noise from the bar and a big room, clean and no problems.

food at the hotel is fine too, not too dear except for the snack shop on the complex, though there are shops right outside.

im sure youll love it, we did. :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.