Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Thank you those of you who have given me your POSITIVE opinions and feedback, and Medot there was no offence caused by the Mrs Merton comment, I was laughing with my colleagues that I'd started a bit of an arguement on here!! :P

Those of you who are going away soon, have a lovely holiday, and thanks for your help.

L
xx
Hi Briar

From reading this forum i kind of gathered Sharm is a bit more relaxed and it ws 9 years ago i was in Luxor so most likely will have changed a bit since then. I take it at night we can wear our little strapless dresses then?
and weeish tops and things are these acceptable in Sharm?i im beyond the age of wearing a belt for a skirt but i do like to dress up and show off the tan at night as im sure we all do.

Debs

Ps Linzi when are you going in July and where are you staying?
thanks for your comment and you have a great time too. and just remember what kenny everitt said "do it as long as its done in the best posssssible taste" :lol: :lol:
Djanej, I'm going on 7th July for 2 weeks, I'm staying at a hotel called Viva Sharm which is in Nabq bay or Sharks bay (didnt have to much to do with the booking of it), which I gather is a fairly new hotel as there arent many comments made about it or reviews.

To be honest when it comes to a holiday, I just need to be somewhere hot, interesting and somewhere that I can totally forget about work for 2 weeks.
Hi Linzy sounds fab

Im 2 glorious weeks in The Conrad 14th -28th July cant wait.
Me, husband ,2 sun loungers, beach and barman thats all i need for a superb holiday oh and plenty of hot :sun :sun :sun : :bow

Debs
hooray!!!!!!!
it got a bit hair raising for a bit there!
:omg
Well I bet you will have a lovely time!

Bring on the Tan, thats what I say! 8)

I'm rather glad that the flight is only 5 hours, I didnt cope too well on the 91/2 hour flight to Cuba last year! :fly
You know Linzy

Well be there at the same time so if the sun disappears ill know you went topless!!!! sorry couldnt resist it :twisted: :twisted: hope you knew that was a joke ! anyway im just jelous cause if i went topless and wore a pair of trunks id look like a wee boy :oops:

Debs
Not at all no offence taken!

Well my friends were all chuffed that it wasnt allowed as they dont think theyve got enough up top so they didnt want to get them out!

I'm not particularly big, but if i tan and then have white boobs they look like a set of scary eyes!!!!! :omg

Well I may see you around there, just listen out for all the commotion and a half naked brunette being dragged off by the armed forces!
:yikes

PUT THEM AWAY!!!!!!
sorry but ive only just found all those little faces. dont want to say anymore but will do some faces bare with me please :ghug
oh im soooo easily pleased :rofl :roll:
To be honest I dont have a clue, my best mate text me last friday and said about the holiday and she booked it on the Sunday, I only got the brochure about it yesterday!

P.S Medot You are very easily pleased! :bow :yipee :pele :rofl :hyper
Thanks Briar,

So where exactly is it then???

Apologies for my toal ignorance but my desperation for two weeks in the sun was a little more important to me then actually asking where I would be going on holiday! (could have been Iraq or the antarctic for all I knew)!!
I seem to remember a certain young lady ( I wont mention that I am now referring to Briar ) poking fun at us guys for not listening or reading !!!

Now you girls ! Its our turn to tick you off ! There is a thread on Viva ( even with pics ) on this very same forum !

Viva.... in Nabq ? in Sharks Bay ? .... try Hadaba !!!!

P.S. Now I know why the old Carrot is foresaking his beloved Nuweiba for the charms of Sharm ! All this toples talk is blowing his top !!!
Yes Swiss, Briar is right, I was pointed in the direction of the wonderful forum and pictures of Viva Sharm, but it confused me even more!

Where am I staying? Is it near Sharm, Is it near Naama bay or am I in the middle of nowhere?

Cheers!

xx
Sharm is really two bays, Naama Bay and Maya Bay, and a big hilly headland in between. One area of that headland, the area close to and above Maya Bay, is called Hadaba. Read again the paragraph on that posting there is a link to maps. Bear in mind that those pics were taken in 2003 and things are even better now. Its a nice little hotel - and fortunately for you you will be far away from where the Carrot is staying so you ll be perfectly safe.
Coming back to the original post in this thread; at the Movenpick in Sharm there are big notices (in English only!) informing guests that topless sunbathing is not permitted on the beach or around the hotel.
As far as sunbathing is concerned; if you go in mid-summer I would strongly advise blue-sky bathing in the shade of a large parasol. You'll go just as brown but without burning.
Rob
i have been to egypt twice but not to the coastal resorts, luxor aswan and cairo, i never saw anyone go topless, maybe things are more relaxed at the coast,
janet
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.