Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Re: Goldtrail
264 Posts
this is the email i recieved this morning
We are sorry to have to inform you that your airline Goldtrail has entered administration.

We have a dedicated team of people calling all of our affected customers who are due to depart August and onwards. However our phone lines are very busy and this will take a while.

You can rebook flights on our website http://www.onthebeach.co.uk. Because you travel in August or onwards, in our experience it may be best to wait a while. You may find in the short term flight providers will increase prices for replacements seats as availability is limited. Within a few days prices should return to normal as extra capacity is made available. If however if this is not possible or you are unable to cover the new flight cost we request that you read the below section on cancelling your booking.

Customers who now wish to cancel in full

Your flight money is safe- All flights booked through Goldtrail are ATOL protected and therefore any monies On the Beach have paid to them on your behalf will be refunded in due course by the CAA. They will shortly issue details on how to make a claim and we will post that information on this page. If you paid a supplier failure cover charge at your time of booking then in the rare eventuality that the CAA will not refund your claim then On the Beach will refund all flight monies owed to you.

Your hotel/transfers- In our experience hotel/transfer providers are normally cooperative in these situations. Whilst we can't make any guarantees that they will be able to amend or refund your booking, most will help as much as possible.

The most important thing is that if you now wish to cancel your hotel/transfer booking you tell us immediately. If you have now taken the decision to cancel your booking in full please complete this simple form http://tinyurl.com/OTBpleaseclickhere

We will then contact you in 10 days regarding your hotel/transfer booking refund.

mon Cooper

CEO
My parents had booked and paid to go with these to Turkey in September from Teesside, sadly for them they paid on debit card so they'll have to start the long process of claiming their money back through atol. :(
Yes Goldtrail flights with holidays 4u as from Teesside its the same flights
just think of the poor people that went to the airport yesterday or due to go shortly
does anyone have any idea how long refunds take we are not in a position to book more flights today or in the near future so we will have to wait for the money back i certainly will not be booking with OTB my first experience and the last i have learned my lesson the hard way
My brother & family are due to travel on 12th august to Marmaris
Sandy149

I think you could be looking at months before the refunds from the CAA.
If you cannot rebook flights then you may lose what you have paid for accomodation.
Think you should get in contact with OTB to see what the situation is (as per their e-mail above).

John
i have filled out the OTB form for accomadation refund thats all i can do! not much information on a sat morning
They are seperate companies but I believe that they used a lot of Goldtrail flights for their dynamic Turkish packages :(

John

edit: Holidays4U flights are 'generally with Onur Air' so hopefully most holidays will be OK ?
  • Edited by john123 2010-07-17 10:19:29
we are flying to Turkey on monday luckily with thomson but my daughter was due to fly out to meet us on wednesday with goldtrail , lucky she only booked a flight for £136 as our hotel was kind enough to say they will sqeeze her in , all not lost though have just booked her a thomson flight from exeter for £128 including 20 kg baggage , as she origanaly booked with goldtrail direct its a case of join the que with the caa i suppose , the enoying thing is they even took her £15 baggage money on friday morning , cheeky
i had on going problems with goltrail and this has really been the icing on the cake!!! you live and learn just have to start the long process of claiming back the money just very dissapointed we may not get away at all now
Rotterdam I too booked with Holidays4U for October. I have just phoned to check that my holiday is okay and have been assured that as I booked direct with Holidays4U everything is fine.
I think this is awful, they must have known they were going to go but were taking money on Friday morning. A change in the law is called for and if they take somone's money the CEO should be charged with fraud because that is what it is, taking money under false pretences.
My daughter covers her holiday with a company called protect my holiday. co.uk. Not a bad idea but it does not cover packages only flights, accomodation.
My sympathy goes out to all effected.
Hi

I am a journalist on the Mail on Sunday newspaper and putting together a piece on the collapse of Goldtrail. I would be interested in having a quick chat with anyone who has been inconvenienced by the cancellation of holidays etc.

My mobile number is <mobile number removed as per Ts and Cs>

Thanks
Daniel
  • Edited by MarkJ 2010-07-17 13:09:55
    To remove mobile number
I think everyone should wait at least 24 hours if you are not due to travel before Monday/Tuesday of next week before discussing things with a jurno/reporter.

The travel agents are trying at the moment to sort out the mess. I suggest you should wait before making accusations that may not be of any substance, and you may be in a far better situation in 48 hours.

We have already had out flights rebooked for us by our agent. Just took a few hours of us panicking for no reason.

Also read the CAA's website page dedicated to the Goldtrail Travel Limited failure
http://www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?catid=2036&pagetype=90
Hi JMCD,

BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes,we too have been given the same good news.

Looks like we are still going afterall.

Good luck too everyone else.

:tup
Anyone who has paid using a Visa debit card contact your supplier/Bank and tell them you want Visa chargeback , i did this last year when Freedom Direct went bust got my money back .
I booked my holiday via beachcollection.co.uk the whole this is ATOL protected but i'm meant to be flying out on Monday.
Anyone else in my boat?
I phoned beachcollection and was told to wait for a phone call because they are doing it in order of departure date.

Kinda feel like i'm in the dark here! Dunno what's going on lol.
Hi Sandy,

I'm so sorry this has happened to you now, it seems it's been a bit of a mess from start to finnish and now this !!!

Hope you are well and please keep us posted as to how you get on.

With such a huge void left in the turkish market now, especially flight only, i can only see prices rocket, particullary for people travelling in the next few weeks.

Whilst Goldtrail had their faults, they did us good the majority of the time and for a company that has been trading sucessfully for so long - it makes me wonder who's next on the list. Just a shame they couldn't hold out untill the end of summer.
Hi all,

I felt the need to vent some anger over this situation! Me and my friend booked at late deal last night at around 3.40pm. To find out today that the firm went bust 20 mins later at 4pm is devestating! We were due to fly out on Wednesday morn to turkey. Our holiday company werent helpful in the slightest, didnt contact us and just reffered us to the CAA. All they offered us was a change of flights which was 300pp which is crazy when we only paid 200 for the whole package yesterday! Were students and we really cant afford this sort of money so are left without a holiday waiting for a refund, which im not expecting any time soon! It seems goldtrail have been very irresponsible and left alot of people disappointed!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.