Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
ive stayed in a fair few all incs and all the ones ive stayed in at either marmaris or icmeler havent been very good including the 5* marmaris palace so be careful booking all incs in this area, my main complaint was the quality & choice of food, im sure there must be some good ones,theres some great all incs in olu deniz area. food isnt as cheap as it used to be, but if you go into the turkish restaurants off the main street in marmaris prices are cheaper.

some hotel only websites that are good and ive used are

travelrepublic, findmeaccom, quickrooms,freedomdirect,broadwaytravel,somewhere2stay
Thanks for that, i did think that the all inclusives would be a bit dodgy in Turkey to be honest which is a shame! But i will keep looking and i will check those websites you recommended. Thanks a lot for your help!

What is Olu Deniz like is it better than Marmaris or Icmeler? I want somewhere that has the shopping that they have and just a nice area with plenty to do and some nice bars etc!

Thanks
in my opinion olu deniz is nicer, the scenery is a lot better, less hassle, shopping isnt bad as theres also hisaronu which is 5 mins up the hill on a dolmus with more shops and a weekly market thats great for bargains, not as big a selection as marmaris for bars, shops etc but a lot nicer. icmeler is nicer than marmaris. but the lagoon area of olu deniz is stunning, so the beaches are much better in olu area than icmeler and marmaris, and there are a few excellent all incs in this area, belcekiz beach, sun city, olu deniz resort have fab reviews, ive stayed at lykia world and its the best hotel ive ever stayed in absolutely fab but dear, and letoonia is also great but its in fethiye about 8 miles from olu deniz have a look at these 2 hotels websites. portland do letoonia and so do some of the sites ive given you, loads do lykia.

i think it depends whats more important to you, everyone prefers different places

http://www.lykiaworld.com/Cultures/en-US/Default.aspx

http://www.letooniaresorts.com/
Hi Kelly. We always go a/I in turkey and those that we have been to are far from dodgy . The food has always been superb. There isnt a great choice of a/is in icmeler and what there is has never appealed to me although we did stay in the hotel that used to be "the Mirage" on the year it first went over to A/I and found it very nice . im sure someone will be able to jog my memory on what the hotel is called now . I think Icmeler is more geared towards S/c.

We have stayed at 2 in olu deniz . the club sun city and the belcekiz beach hotel where the food and staff are particularly outstanding . there is also the olu deniz resort hotel . all three of these get good reviews .

olu is smaller than Icmeler and not so" in your face" . I personally much prefer it but we are all different. there are plenty of shops, resturants, bars etc but not on the same scale as Icmeler . its definately more scenic and I would say there is more to do there in terms of excursions and there is of course the paragliding. If you need more night life you have hisaronu 5 minutes away.

hope that helps
snap i think we said virtually the same things lyn lol :rofl
Thank you both i will have a look at a few of the ones you suggested when i get home and maybe think about trying Olu for a change, as long its there is something to do and we there is nice people and nice food and drink thats fine! I will let you knwo how i get one! Its my partner's first time in Turkey and it has taken a lot to get him to finally agree to go so want to show him that Turkey is a fantastic place as he doesnt believe me!! He wants to go to Benidorm which is far from as nice as Turkey!! x
Kelly

One thing i realyy enjoy about Turkey is the eating out, planning whwre we can eat of an evening and as I am sure you are aware restaurants in Icmeler are excellent. Turkey has got more expensive over the recent years but you can still eat a quality meal for 2 including a few drinks for around £30

With A/I I feel to an extent that you are "tied" to the hotel. Personally I also prefer to stay in smaller aprtments which tend to be friedlier and A/I generally and fairly large hotels

Stewart
Thanks Stewart i also like the smaller hotels as they do seem to be more friendly but im going to have a look at a few different places as money is also an issue at the moment as we just moved house etc so need a cheap but nice place!

Thanks for your help

Kelly
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.