Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Dumbo,don't know where in Pernera you'll be but if you are in the main tourist area you could do worse than go to the beach at the Golden Coast hotel.It is a shallow,calm sandy cove which is ideal for kids.If you get thirsty or hungry you can nip up into the hotel and get drinks and food and if the wee one gets bored with the beach you could use the pool.any time we've stayed in Pernera we would do this regularly.Also the main beach next to Pernera Beach hotel is ideal,depends on which is closer to where you are staying.
The small bay behind the Pernera Beach, as recommended above.
Taken Easter week this year :)
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/adrian.jenkinson/PHTO0039a.jpg
Having stayed at the Golden Coast Hotel it is indeed a lovely beach, but more child orientated beach is Pernera beach Hotel beach, it is full of young children. There are no waves and it is very shallow. Also on both beaches are various water sports. I have been going here for years and its lovely. Further along the coast towards protaras walking around the beach is more rocky.
Hi, Thanks everyone for your help, I'll check them out. We are staying at the Elamaris apartments, not sure how close we are to those beaches, but I'm sure we will find them.
Dumbo,6 and two 3's really.Turn left out of Elamaris and left again takes you to Pernera beach(2 minutes walk).Turn right out of Elamaris and right again brings you to the other beach(2 minutes walk,4 if you walk right along to the Golden Coast).
Alternatively,if you turn left out of the Elamaris and keep walking straight,down past the Livas and Isaac Apartments you will come to the small beach at the Marlita Beach where there are plenty of places to eat and drink and have the facilities of the complex next to you as well.It's only really about a 5 minute walk so there are plenty of places to choose from,it's just finding which suits you best.
Pubdog,

Lovely pic of Pernera Beach we always stay at Captain Pier apartments overlooking that beach.

Could you tell me if the new houses have started being built there yet?

Many thanks
Dav
Thanks for directions, that's great.
No they aren't started amber - they haven't even cleared the land yet :)
Thanks for that pubdog, been dying to know if it had started yet.

I can't imagine how it will affect the area- I hope it doesn't ruin anything as I adore that little beach. Still it will happen eventually I suppose. We probably won't be over there again until end of September. Maybe they won't start it during the season.

Thanks again.
A heck of a lot I imagine :(
Did you see the advert for them the first time this subject did the rounds?

Athena Beach Villas and Apts

Ady
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.