Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Steens gets rave reviews from all the ex pats but why go all the way to Cyprus for a roast dinner and a taste of home with Kingsmill bread which is disgusting at the best of times. Much better to source out the local tavernas and have a true taste of Cyprus.
My thoughts exactly! If you do want authentic home cooked food I'm sure Steens is going to be top on your list. However it does seem a crying shame to travel 2000 miles to a new Country with different foods, people, culture etc and then not try some of it ! Cypriot/Greek cuisine ranks highly amongst any in the world with fantastic bbq'd meats, unbelievable stews, best slow cooked lamb you're ever going to have and plenty of new and different things - try a meze and then you can pick and mix to see what you like the best !

Steve
hi there
we went to pernera bay area two years ago ,we ate most our meals in sizzlers steak restaurant the place is a family run business and the food and service was exellent .there couldnt do enough for is and made a real fuss of the children.give it a try you wont be dissapointed.have a great hol
After looking at the menu on their website, I know not to bother trying them.
Thats exactly what i try and explain to my daughter, your nan & grandad live here they dont mind a bit of english food now & then! ive come 2000miles to eat greek food not english , "oh right but anyway mum can we go and see lyn & billy in steens and have a roast " :que then i just think, Lyn & Billy live next door to my parents.. go see them there! :rofl

CourtneeLouise x
Thanks for finding and posting the link to Steens, Mark

Oh, don't mention it, you're welcome. :roll:

Mark
Sorry about that :shock: :|
do apologize,
thanks

CourtneeLouise x
We went to steens a few times last year. Fab ulster frys!

They used to live near me in Norn Iron.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.