Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Very sad indeed. I first ate there the year it opened - 1988. What a place. Just what Olu Deniz needs - another hotel :cry:

- Tony -
what a shame. its the place where i proposed and had one of the best settings you could wish for. :cry:
what a shame. its the place where i proposed and had one of the best settings you could wish for. :cry:
that would be a shame where was this heard i have not read anything in the local paper
We were at the oyster at the start of october and enquired about having a meal at the white dolphin, the manager told us that it had shut for the season and would not reopen next year as a hotel was going to be built on the site.A couple who were staying at the oyster were quite upset as they had their wedding there five years ago and never got the chance to have a last meal there.The waiters at the oyster told us that it was going to be an exclusive 8 room hotel with two suites overlooking the bay.
that is such a shame we ate there in september it is one of the best fish restaurants around i will try and find out more
i have checked and the rumor is true the white dolphin is to become a 8 roomed hotel what a view it will have the wife is the owner of the oyster
and the designer
My partner and I decided to have our wedding reception next year at the white dolphin but as we have found out it has closed. We have been informed that the owners are constructing a new restaurant on an island in fethiye bay. Anyone know about this?
email them at the oyster hotel olu deniz
That's really depressing news. It's such a lovely restaurant - fabulous food and a setting to die for. Maybe the new hotel will be open to non-residents for dining? Hope so!
Hi All! (and Brad :) )

Here is a little bit of an insider information for all of you guys who were so upset about losing the White Dolphin.. (Trust me you can't be as upset as I am - I have been organising weddings there for years and never got a chance to have a final meal which was just for pleasure and not business!)

The owner decided to close down the White Dolphin after about 25 very succesfull years as he wanted to move on and do something different... He hired an island off Fethiye (Red Island, just behind the Sovalye Island) and he is building a restaurant there. The building works on both the hotel which will be built on the site of the White Dolphin and the new restaurant on the island will be starting this week. There will also be an amazing hotel built on the island but that will probably be built the year after or so. The restaurant and the new hotel at the White Dolphin site will be open by the start of next season. The new restaurant will be owned and run by the same people, same staff and everything so I am sure it will be as nice as the White Dolphin. The owner told me that the style is going to be slightly different, there will still be seafood but it will not be based on just that.. The reason is that they have always kept a level of quality in their food, they never actually owned a deep freezer in all these years and only ever served daily fresh seafood and the cost of this is very high now, which is reflected in their prices.. They are going to offer a wider variety of food now and I trust that it will all be great. I just can't wait to see it !! :)
Maybe the new hotel will be open to non-residents for dining? Hope so!

Unfortunately no... there will still be a small restaurant /bar left (the old bar area) but that will only be big enough to accommodate the hotel guests..
hi hayal
thanks for that information what i was getting was very bitty but now i look forward to eating on an island brill :lol:
I know! It will be amazing! They are really planning to make something great there and I trust they will!
Hayal do you know if they will have transport from olu to the island?
we have rebooked for october 07 and might try the new hotel at the start of the season. we had such a wonderful time this october 7 days wasnt enough, we have a new favorite place to visit
They are having a special catamaran designed whcih is supposed to be really nice, and this will run between Fethiye and the island. I am sure they will offer a minibus transfer between Oludeniz and Fethiye harbour as well.
thanks for the reply
it sounds so good i think i would walk to get there if needed.
Just got the brochure with the White Dolphin hotel in.
The rooms will have an outdoor hot tub and floor to ceiling windows overlooking the bay.1 room will have a private swimming pool.
The rates are around £1500 per person for a week.
From the brochures description the hotel will be stunning.
That hotel sounds fantastic but I don't suppose little ol' me will ever get to stay there (unless I win the lotto) but dosen't it fill you all with dread at what Olu Deniz is possibly about to turn into. The rest of the world have found out about our little bit of paradise and the rich and famous will be turning up and there will be no room for us. Boo Hoo

The secret is out!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.