Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Hi

Which area are you thinking of? Sharm has an array of nice beaches. If you go further out of sharm the beaches are a lot larger, but you will need to catch a cab/bus to get you into town for nightlife etc as most hotels do not have as much going on in that area, therefore hotel based.

I can only speak of the sharm and the centre as i like to be in the thick of it. In the day time is normally spent by the pool/beach or sight seeing. Not many of us do walk about the shops in the day as the shop keepers will be ready to pounce, and generally it is far to hot with the sun beating down on you.

Most beaches cannot speak of sharks bay area etc do have a lot of water sports to go on, never ever pay the price they ask, i always knock half off, otherwise too expensive. There are boats to go out and see the fish and surrounding areas, pedaloes, quad bikes, beach buggies, star gazing with the beduoins, bar-b-ques, trips to luxor, cairo, Jerusalem etc, camel riding and horse back riding. There is quite a bit to keep you entertained. Most hotels have volleyball etc, pool, darts etc and aerobics by the pool.

Sharm at night, several hotels do entertainment, but a lot not much cop, you will see a few singers along the beach front and a few cheesy cabaret acts, they try their best. A lot of pubs/clubs in the centre of sharm open till 3-4am in the morning, not cheap though.

Egypt April-October very hot, temps roughly 90-130, November temps 85 in the day and 17 at night and less or nil pharaohs revenge lol, December till march around 70 -75 in the day, cooler at night.

Hope that helps

Michelle ;)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.