Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Globespan fly out of Glasgow and offer all of the hotels in the Red Sea Hotels group - Grand Makadi, Palace, Grand Resort, SHedwan, Siva Beach etc.

I was advised by Mr Mounir of the Red Sea Group in June that they are also negotiating with the German ETI (Express Travel International) to offer holidays out of Manchester and Gatwick from November 2008.

As Killienutter said you could always book with the hotel direct (e-mail address is on the Red Sea Hotel website) though this is expensive because of the high cost of flights to Hurghada. If the hotel quote you a price thats too high could always try bartering I suppose.

Good luck! Caro
I got the same e mail Caro. Tried booking the palace through the hotel myself but found it to be far too expensive :( Ended up at the Sunrise royal makadi this year, whilst being quite good its certainly not in the same league I'm afraid.
Its such a pity that Thomas Cook stopped using this hotel group. The hotels are not without their faults but the fact that I went 6 times in 2 years speaks for itself! Or maybe how sad I am :D. I have also stayed at Hilton Sharks Bay, Conrad and Novotel but the Grand and Grand Resort definately remain my firm favourites as I feel so comfortable there. Going to the Maritim Jolie Ville (formerly Movenpick) on Monday.
Hi caro,
Know how you feel ,I was one of those unfortunate people too!!!We have just had two weeks at the dreams beach instead,yes a nice holiday but am quite sure no where near the palace standard and we do feel a little angry especially when the T.C rep at the airport told us that the niceest place in Egypt was Makadi Bay in particular the makadi grand and Palace.
What more could I say???
Perhaps one day we will all get together there.
Mel
Am i missing something then?

Because im thinking of going to the makadi bay in feb 2009 with direct holidays / thomas cook :)? And one of you said thomas cook have stopped using the makadi bay.

Is this true?

Thankyou All!.
There are several hotels with 'Makadi' or 'Makadi Bay' in their names, presumably to signify their location, but the ones referred to in particular were the Makadi Palace and Grand Makadi run by the Red Sea Hotels group. I'm sure that the hotel you are thinking of will still be available....Hope this helps, Caro :)
Booked it!

We are going to Sunrise Royal Makadi Bay, Feb 09 with Thomas cook.

I hear on Alpha rooms theres building work going on, and an extra pool and building are being done till 24th December ?

Thanks. :)
I also have a booking through Thomas Cook to the Sunrise Makadi Bay in Feb 09 - is the Sunrise Royal Makadi Bay a different hotel?

Cazz
Well I've waited for the opportunity to book through an english agent for the Makadi Palace but have started to worry about the availability of flights with all the talk of the Spanish brigade heading out that way because of the Euro. Have booked up in April and August to fly from Glasgow. It will be a minimum 5 hour drive up there to fly and will be more expensive but it will be worth it to get the Palace back(keep the Mrs happy :) ). Tried the Sunrise Royal Makadi last year and although good it wasn't a patch on the Palace.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.