Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
grand ucel hotel
10 Posts
Which resort is it in??

LA
There is write up on this hotel under reveiws and I put a couple of photos of there in the Ovacik album. It is NOW a lovely place after bad write ups last year. We were supposed to stay there but it was not finished. the refurb.. It is now including the Aqua park which is free to guests.Lots of money has been spent to bring it to a high standard.
Margaret
Thanks Margaret some lovely pictures cant wait to go now, can you tell me more about the resort ie how close to the beach and shops thanks. :D
The Ucel is not in Hisaronu it is in Ovacik which is along the road. There really isnt a resort in Ovacik as such, dolmus stops outside the Ucel. It is sort of linking up with Hisaronu. there are a couple of supermarkets opposite the Ucel and its about 10-15 mins walk or dolmus ride down to Hisaronu. 1.5 Lira. Its a dolmus ride to the bach in OluDeniz, 2.5 Lira but you have to pay to go onto the lagoon beach ( not much) . We found the best beach at Suara again sone photos in Ovacik album. There is a phone number you can ring and they will pick you up free from your hotel. I will see if i can find it.You do have to pay for sunbeds but that applies in most places.
His/Olu/Fethiye 2.5 lira, all good for bars and restaurants and shops. Markets in Fethiye and Hisaronu. Loads and loads. With the exchange rate so good you will really enjoy the holiday. Lots to do and places to see depending on your interests. We are off to Icmeler next week 8th July.
The Ucel has a web site,
http://www.granducel.com

Happy Hols
Margaret
Stayed at the Grand Ucel Hotel from 25 June to 3 July this year. Is absolutely lovely hotel. Just been refurbished and I can happily say we had no complaints whatsoever. It is a bit out of the way but there is a shop dead opposite which sells anything you need and the dolmus stops outside and takes 5-10 minutes to get to Hisaranou which is buzzing. The pool is huge and there are always plenty of sunbeds. If you like slides you will love the aqua park which is now fully operational.

I have no doubt you will have a fantastic time and I look forward to reading your review when you get back.
Many Thanks Gemerley looking forward to my holiday on the 28th aug,Can you tell me the best places to go and what sightseeing there is !!.

best wishes
Paul
It depends what you like really. We went to Fethiye on the 2nd Night, was very quite and not as lively as we were hoping. It has a beautiful marina and a very good market. The only downfall was it is a good 15 minute walk to the bars, shops and restaurants from where the Dolmus drops you off. We had to stop and ask someone where we could eat/drink.

Hisaranou is more lively and is door to door bars and restaurants. It has a few marge supermarkets, banks, excursion places and all the shops you could want. We tended to go here most evenings for dinner/drinks. We enjoyed the entertainment in Barumba and we also spent a lot of time in Ata Bar.

We didn't go to Olu Deniz during the evening but we did go there one day to see the famous Blue Lagoon. You have to pay to get in (not much) then pay for your sunbeds etc which is pretty standard. The sea is really warm and lovely but the sand is very stoney and quite hard to walk on. Olu Deniz is very picturesque and beautiful, took plenty of photos here. There are a lot of bars and restaurants here, we had lunch the day we went there but as I said, we didn't go there in the evening.

There are details of excursions in the hotel lobby that they run too.

The dolmus is very easy to catch, it only costs 1.5 lira to Hisaranou and I think 2 Lira to Olu and Fethiye.

Whatever you decide to do or wherever you decide to go you are sure to have a fabulous time.
Many Thanks Gemerley :wink:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.