Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
stayed here in 1999, when it was just the otel ucell, the location is on the main road and a quick dolmus ride from Hisaronu or a two mile ish walk, It is now well developed and there are many restaurants in the area.

Its worth considering if the waterslides are important, as far as i am aware its still owned by the same family, and my son who is now 22 still raves about it.

As to whether you should stay there its personal choice, if i chose to stay there again the dolmus ride would not be a concern to us
Just returned this morning from Hotel,and we have loved every minuet of our stay.The waterpark is very good and we had this included in our stay for free.It is open to everyone at a cost of 25 ytl per person,which Ithink is too expensive.It was mainly turkish people some days but,it was never over busy and you could always get sunbeds any time of day.It would be one of the main reasons we would return to the hotel.We walked into Hisaronu a few times but,it was around 46 degrees most days .It is a long walk and on a very busy road.The dolmus goes by every 5 mins and costs 1.5ylt per person so is good value.We booked direct and they did our transferes which cost £70 return,it is also much quicker than the coach.The only negitive point really was the breakfast,just olives and cheese with bread and tomatoes.We asked for cornflakes every day and got them so that was a bonus.We booked a deluxe room for three people and it was lovely,a very small balcony and a beautiful bathroom.We looked at the apartments for next year but,they were not so nice.I am quite hard to please with accomodation so most people would think they were fine.The people on reception cannot speak very good english so we used to find the owner if we needed to know anything.I am sure you will love it and I am already looking for flights for next year.Any questions ,just ask,I could go on for ever.
Hi

Last year we stayed in Olu Deniz at the Alize Hotel where there was a waterslide, but my 43 year old (kid) partner wanted a bit more of a splash than that, so asked the hotel reps if there were any waterparks nearby. For a fairly small fee (probably less if you booked with the Grand Ucel direct) we spent an enjoyable afternoon using their waterslides, sunbeds and bar etc. This included transfers to and from the hotel by car, which only took about 10 - 15 minutes.

The hotel looked fine, but there was little greenery around compared to the lushness of where we stayed.

I would imagine that you could stay in Hisaronou or Olu Deniz which are more central and have everything else at the doorstep and visit the Grand Ucel from time to time.

Olu Deniz has the advantage of being close to the lagoon beaches where most or all of the hotels provide a free shuttle service back and forth. These beaches are great for kids, being safe and sandy, and very shallow at the water's edge, where fishes swim in their shoals. it's pretty good for Mum and Dad too!

It's really a matter of personal preference - whichever resort you choose, I'm sure you'll all have a great time.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.