Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
We are going back to Zante for the fourth time running, after 3 holidays in Kalamaki we are going to give Tsilivi a visit this year
Lindy
I used to go to Tsilivi years ago and often wonder how much it has changed. Loved it. Fab beach and good bars and restaurants
I have visited Greece many times but unfortunately not this year. Last year we booked a sailing boat with skipper and we sailed the Ionian sea. For one week we paid much less than for a hotel, and we visited a lot of islands/beaches. I wish I could do it again soon :(
:welcome to HT Andrian
Did you have the boat to yourselves?
Are you going anywhere else on holiday this year?
:) Hi! we booked the boat with a skipper, but the guy was very discreet, so we had our "space". Last year's vacations were really relaxing and the office we booked the boat last year made us a discount for this summer, but unfortunately this year we are going nowhere.
Hopefully we will have the same summer weather as last year. We will all have had years when there has been no holiday :( Time to do the lottery :D
We have been to several Greek Islands over the years ... last time being back in Aug 2001 (Skiathos) Since then we have been travelling further afield and are off to the Dom Rep in just over a week. However, we are fortunate enough to be able to have 2 holidays this year, and have booked 2 weeks to Thassos early Sept.

Never been before, but wanted to try one of the smaller lesser known islands. Anybody been to Thassos before?

Pat
I haven't been but we were looking at it a few years back- think it was Pefkari(sp?) we thinking about going to
We love Greece and are visiting two new islands this year , Zante in June and Kos in September . Have previously been to Kefalonia, Crete (Koutouloufari, Elounda & Rethymnon) , Corfu and Rhodes
Hi Fiona,

We have booked the Mediterranean Hotel/Apartments in Skala Rahoni. given that Thassos is on the the furthest north of the Greek Islands an just a bit concerned about what the weather will be like early Sept. Should have paid more attention instead of putting a pin in the map lol!!

Pat
Black cat
Have only spent part of a day in los town( daytrip from turkey). We liked it- lots .to see. Have never researched the resorts -yet.
Blackcat1,i suspect from your forum name and location you are a Sunderland fan like myself,however i find that because of the limited Greek destinations available from Newcastle airport we are restricted to only a handfull of places to visit.We went from Gatwick one year :yikes ,never again,ok going as in holiday mood but coming back was murder.
We have been to Corfu,Paxos,Rhodes,Skiathos,Poros,Agina and visited Hydra on a boat trip

Regards
Alan :cheers
You guess right mobile fitter , and we are limited by the flights available from Newcastle , but to be honest I don't think I could be bothered to fly from elsewhere and my other half would have a fit if I asked him to drive to an airport further than that !
Plenty of nice places to choose from that fly from near home
:offtop
I will give myself a severe talking too later but as the Black Cats have just been mentioned I need to say this.....Ha'way the Lads :tup
Thanks Kiltman, I had the house to myself last saterday,the other half was out at a girls night so popped on the 1973 cup final on DVD and allthough i was there when we won the cup i still enjoy watching it again,the thing is you know the score before it starts but i was still on the edge of my seat near the end waiting for the final whistle! Sad are what?

Regards
Alan :cheers
Its Andros for us this year. Been to more than 30 island and mainland destinations in Greece and enjoyed them all. Certainly no need to travel further than this during our 'summer'
rdv wrote:
Its Andros for us this year. Been to more than 30 island and mainland destinations in Greece and enjoyed them all. Certainly no need to travel further than this during our 'summer'

Definite Greece fan rdv it makes it so much easier when you find a destination that you like :tup
Just booked a 4 day getaway to Kalamaki....never been before so really looking forward to it
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.