General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Clare

Don't say anything to the school hunny, leave it to your ex.

After all, he's the one that's booked the holiday with no consideration wehatsoever to your daughters schooling,
or to you.

The stupid man! :rage

You're her mum, he should have told you what he was planning to do.

What would he have done if you had already been going away at that time?

No Clare, let him take the flak for his one.

x x x
have to agree, if necessary much closer to the time, write to the school, saying it was not your decision about your ex's holiday, but you have to go with your childs wish to spend time with her dad.

ask for the letter to be kept on file, keeping a copy for yourself, so any fines that are incurred or black marks on the register are down as his not yours.......

ps, it will do your daughter good to spend time with her dad, but make sure infuture he checks with you, as it wont be long before she begins her important exam stuff
hi clare,

i would agree with everone else, you already got permission for your holiday (the correct way), your ex is looking like mr great with the holiday, leaving you to do the dirty work with the school, i would tell him to let the school know and that maybe in the future to book his holidays in the school holiday so her education is not effected.

i can understand you proberbly dont want to start an argument, or have any negertivity for your daughter, but just tell him what situation he has put you into.

hope all gos well for you, and that the school are ok this time x

laura
thanks everybody, ive told ex hubby he will have to inform the school, his answere was "nah, just tell them shes sick".... i think the fact that she will come home with a glorious tan will give the game away... he says he will just pay the fine! :que

clare x
I think the main thing to worry about here is not what the school may or may not say, who will pay the fine or what your daughter would say if she's told she can't go, but how will she cope with making up with the work that is missed?
You're not on your own with taking your daughter out of school, try reading the following thread....

Advice needed, worried(Term time sept holiday)!!

Its also in the General Holiday Enquiries..... Forum.

Louise
Clare,

It's all very wel him saying "nah!" :rage

If it was me, I would tell him that if he doesn't tell the school (cos its his fight-for want of a better word)
then you won't let your daughter go.
(I assume you have the residency order for her)

Be careful hunny, if he does this with no regard to the school - they may withdraw permission for your
holiday in October - and that's really going to mess you up - and all your family too.

You might be as well having a word with your daugter and explaining all this to her.
Then if she can't go with her dad, she might not take the news so badly.

Friends of mine went to Salou in September a few years back and hated it!
They said the place was half dead - loads of places closed up, and the weather wasn't very nice either,
so to be honest, your daughter probably wouldn't miss much if she didn't go.

And now, a bad minded thought - cos your ex has put me in a foul mood - how DARE he treat you like this!!!

You mention his *new* family.
Are you sure your daughter isn't being taken along as a babysitter?

Sorry, but it needs to be considered. Some people do actually do that - wrong I know but... :(
I totally agree milly_molly, but he has tried to assure me that as its a "family" holiday the kids wont be left anywhere... my daughter is so excited about going away with her dad.... 1st time hes included her in his plans!

like you say, im going to insist that he goes to talk to the head teacher, i certainly dont want to be the one to have to explain why she isnt in school! :shrug
First time?

Jeez - what a gem eh? (I don't think)

Congrats Clare, on him being your ex. :)

No wonder your daughter is all excited about going away with him.
Bless her - I hope he makes it a wonderful holiday for her.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.