Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
I think you should get on to it straight away, I wouldn't think that you are cutting it too fine at the moment, but you must consider the christmas post. Not sure whether you can get an appointment for your passport, but you can get the Post Office to check the application and that can speed things along a bit.

As for the visa, the turnaround times have not been so bad, and I should think that the applications will be reducing a little now.
Live near to liverpool. She just told me that there is a fast track application. So fingers crossed we can do that. Could do with getting it before christmas TBH.

Got my vista in a week last year.
Hi Mardon

I have just renewed my passport, I posted it on the Tuesday and received it back by Monday the next week.

Hope this helps.

Donna
XX
Our son did his 3 weeks ago, it took 5 days from handing it in at post office to receiving the new one.
Phew think i'll be ok then.

Thanks for the reassurance ;)
Hi Mardon
don't bother with the fast track it costs a fortune :yikes . You have got loads of time Passports are only taking 5 days and visas just over a week at present. I only posted my visas back last thurs, got them back today and we travel on 28th Dec, relax and post :tup
  • Edited by Debgreg 2008-12-12 20:42:12
Hi Mardon,

I applied for a new passport in August. Used the post office verification service. Handed in on the Saturday morning and recieved new passport the following Saturday and this was Bank Holiday week so only 4 working days. Also I would imagine that the passport office will be quieter at this time of year.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.