Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi,

The weather will be hot hot hot in June!! :tongue We go 10th July every year and most day it is well above 45, we've seen it well over 50 before now... thankfully there is a decent breeze in Gumbet which keeps it feeling slightly cooler. I'm pretty sure la Luna Hotel is on the beach? and the front doors are on Bar St, not 100% sure though.....

The boat trips are fab, we usually pay roughly £10 each inc. lunch, have a few stops, they always do the cliff jump stop, stop for lunch somewhere, then usually an hour or so stop on Camel Beach...they're a brilliant day and a fab way to top up your tan! I love them, we tend to do one per week.

I haven't done the swimming with dolphins trip, we priced it up a few years back and then they wanted about £40 each, I'm sure I've seen posts on here about it though so maybe have a search. (I also read somewhere the dolpins are badly treated, this put me off :( )

Jet ski's and water sports, we didn't do any last year but there are absolutely loads of places along the beach that does them, I'd go and see a few and get prices off each and do some bartering, if you're wanting to do a few things then am sure you'll get decent prices, I 'think' a few years back we were paying about £15 for 20 minute jet ski, this was for a group of us though and we also did some other things (tubes, paragliding, banana boat etc...) so please don't quote me on that price, it is a distant memory!!

All the tour agent / trip sellers do the trip to the water park, again I think it costs around £10 inc coach which picks you up at your hotel (distant memory again!) as we tend to make our own way there in taxi's as we like a late start to the day!! :cheers also the time we went on an organised trip there we ended up stopping at the Gold Centre on the way back which annoyed me as everyone just wanted to get home! it's easy enough to do on your own, that way you're not tied to leaving when they want to leave. I think it is slightly cheaper via the tour agents but I'd rather pay an extra couple of quid and please myself! the water park is built on the side of a mountain and can be tiring going up and down to the various slides, it is a good day out though, we tend to go on a Monday as it is 'change over' day so a bit quieter than other days of the week......

If you need to know anything else, give me a shout! This wil lbe my 6th visit to Gumbet, I love the place! :tup
Thank you so much for your help!

Im glad it will be hot i really need to warm up my bones and get a nice tan!!

oh thats sad about the dolphins, if that is the case i will not be investing into that!!

HAHA i am so happppy that they go to the cliff jump ive showed my bf pics of it and i really dont think he has the bottle to jump but i suppose now we will see!! his all mouth and no action! £10 is a cheap day out aswell!! so i am looking forward to that!

Yeah i agree with you about the lay in! i think i will enjoy a day at the water park even if i do only manage to make it up the steep hill once!

Do you recommend any other days out or things to do in gumbet/bodrum??
Im so excited and would love to make the most of it!!

Thanks again for your help xx
No problem....!

The cliff jump is really high! I watch from the safety of my boat thanks!! my son has done it loads of times, after you've done it once it seems no preoblem to do it again, you wouldn't get me up there though!

Other days out....we've done some brilliant jeep safari's over the years, I haven't done one for a few years though as I won't take my little one as I don't like her travelling without proper seatbelts etc, for older ones they are great though. Prepare to get wet and dirty though and a pump action water gun is advised as well!! you do several stops at various beaches, view points, traditional villages etc, they're a good day... We always spend one day a week over in Bitez, the next town along, it is a very pretty bay, a lot quieter than Gumbet, nicer beach, nice bars and restaurants along the waters edge, it's just a nice change for a day, we get a taxi over but you can get a dolmus from Bodrum....

You can do a day trip to Turgertries for the market over there, with all the tour agents, I think it's on a Saturday, there is also a market in Bodrum, reachable on the dolmus. Bodrum is also nice to go over to for a day, see the castle, wander round the shops, nice bars and restaurants for the evening too, good shopping over there too, bit pricier than Gumbet but a lot higher quality shops I think.....

Oh and a turkish bath is a must! get one on your first day and your skin will be all lovely and soft and you'll get a fab tan. A full body oil massage is good too!!

If I think of anything else..I'll let you know!
I think Vix has covered most of your questions.

The la Luna is a Litera hotel and Litera are not the best hotels around. Are you going AI? If so then the food is not brilliant, we ate thre once as my husband's friend was working there and it was all a bit bland, the drinks were also a bit watery. If you are just using it as a base though and intend on going out a lot then I'm sure you will be fine, maybe take some extra cash so you can have a meal out if it is not so good at the hotel. The actual hotel looked very nice though.

Apart from that I'm sure you will enjoy Gumbet. I have never done the cliff jump myself, it looks far to scary for me!!

If you want to know anythign els just ask as I used to live in Gumbet so I should be able to help
Thank both of you, you have been a big help.

Kedi Yavrusu can you think of anything that we should do during our week stay at gumbet??

Ild hate to leave and wish that i had done this or that!

How much is it to eat out for a meal on avarage per person??
How much is alchol ??

Just trying to see how much spending money i should take !! as i dont want to be cut short!!

Also will the ATM's take mastreo card or do i have to change my money up before i get to turkey??

Thanks you all again x
As Vix says, a jeep safari is fun. You should also go into Bodrum for a wander around, have ameal, do some shopping etc and if you fancy exploring a bit further you you jump on a bus and visit some of the other resorts in the Bodrum Peninsula - Turgutreis, Yalikavak, Ortakent and Gumusluk are all nice.

Prices vary from place to place, we usually tend to eat at more local restaurants and you can get a 2 course evening meal with a drink for about £8, touristy restaurants will probably cost £12 - £15. A large beer is £1.50 - £2, going up to £3 or £4 in the busier bars and clubs. Local spirits are reasonable but anything imported is very expensive; Malibu, Bacardi, Jack Daniels etc also imported beers or cider. Wine is also epensive.

You can use your Maestro card at the ATMs with no problem, my husband uses his each time we go.

Kedi
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.