Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
HI
Have been to Gumbet twice and going back in 3 weeks. :D Do not know anything about your hotel(sorry).there are dogs running around in resort but they are all friendly..Gumbet has lots of bars and places to eat..We have always had a great time there.People are lovely,and i would recommend a boat trip we book with Sinbad, you will find him outside Baba Hotel..Hope you enjoy your hols.. :tup
i myself stayed in the asarlik beach next door and never found anything like that the hotel was clean and food good and in all found it a very nice place .the views are excellant :sun2
Gumbet - my favourite subject! Flying out on Monday and can't wait. First went about 5 years ago and wasn't really bothered about going but then got there and absolutely fell in love with the place and have been going back at least twice a year (and mainly more) ever since. In fact, we love the place so much that we've bought our own house out there! Every time I get to Gumbet, I feel like I've come home.

Your hotel is in a nice location - at the best side of Gumbet in my opinion. The dogs are there but nothing to worry about. Never seen a rat and only one cockroach (and that was at Bodrum airport).

Gumbet is a great place and have something for everyone - it can be "banging", chilling and everything in between. You will soon find your own favourite bars and restaurants - there are load to choose from. Take the time to have a look round the peninsula as well, there are some lovely places. Food is great - and so much to choose from, do take the chance to try some real Turkish food, it's great.

What makes Gumbet for me is the people. Have made some really good friends out there and we keep in touch all year round. If you have any more questions, just ask - I could talk about Gumbet for hours!!

JAKKI
Hubby and I went to Gumbet for the first time in May, we had the best time ever, and we've been to many countries. We will definately go back to Gumbet. As mentioned by somebody else, you must go on the one day gullet cruise, we also booked with Baba hotel. Great deal (cheap, and nice food). You can have a quiet time in Gumbet, quiet restaurants e.t.c, or you can be in the hussle and bustle. You will get everybody calling you in to their shops and restaurant e.t.c, but a firm no is usually enough. We spent a lot of time in 1 bar, it was called smilies, very friendly staff. We saw 1 stray dog, that didn't bother anybody, and saw no cockroaches. You will have a fantastic time there. :tup
Gumbet...... not for me!
Just as well we all like different things or one resort would be pretty crowded :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.