EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
GUMUSLUK
24 Posts
I think there are two questions here.
1.Why would anyone would invest a large sum of money on a property "site" unseen, and where they have never visited.
2.What kind of contract/power of attorney has been used that would be legally enforceable in Turkey.
Mibut you are in danger of becoming a Victor Meldrew!!! :rofl But I have to agree with you, how do they buy in the Uk? Buying off plan is not unusual but you must have a "get out clause" if things are not what they seem. I know that gumusuk has become popular with Brits and there is a lot of development there. The trouble is if future development is not curbed you end up in concrete hell. Winkey, I will ask around for you to find out more.
Chelsea Boy "I don't believe it" you agree with me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
One of the other thing to watch out for is the "get out clause" for the developer.
Quite often they can get out of the contract before handover by repaying any monies paid.
So if property prices rise by a great deal in between signing of contract and completion he can make a lot more by repaying your money and selling to someone else.
thanks mibut. chelsea boy. your advice is helpful , I am going out at easter will let you know how I get on thanks again
Hi. I used to live in Gumusluk.It means (like)SILVER.Very lovely village on the Bodrum peninsular.A lot of building work being done there outside the main village.All buildings can only be of 2 levels and rendered white or stone built so it keeps its quaintness.Wonderful views to the sea.
Lovely fish restaurants.The whole bay at night in the moonlight turns to silver giving its name.A couple of chill out bars too.You have made a great choice of location.I still go out to the area 4 times a year.I will be happy to give you lots more help and information ! :D
Hi sofya thanks for your reply. Could you answer a few queries, we are going out at easter and wanted some info on transportation . ie is there a dolmus service to gumuslak at this time of year. Also how much would a taxi, bus, cost from bodrum.
Hi Winkey
We read all sorts of stuff about Turkey, researched for nearly a year, went last year to have a look.

I have to say this... buying without seeing is not the thing to do in Turkey!!! Lets hope you have been lucky!!!

However, we have bought a place at Gumusluk, in Gumsan II, about 2km from Rabbit Island.
It is beautiful and I think you will love it.

To Bodrum you can drive very easily, takes about 20 minutes, but I dont know about Dolmus.
Yalikivak is easily reachable and so is Turgetreis. I drove all around the Peninsular when I went four weeks ago to purchase our villa.
Some web sites that may interest you are:
http://uk.search.yahoo.com/search/images?_adv_prop=images&fr=fp-tab-web-t-1&va=gumusluk&imgsz=all&vf=all

http://aegeantourtravel.com/city/gumusluk.html

http://www.bodrumlife.com/peninsula_gumusluk.htm

Best of luck
Geoff and Olya
There is an 'all year round' dolmus service from Bodrum to Gumusluk.

Good luck and fingers crossed your new place is exactly what you want.
Hi Olya - We are visiting the Bodrum penisula in June for the 2nd time and are hoping to buy a property when there. I would appreciate any advice you could give us on the buying procedure. Not quite sure of exactly where to buy as there are many lovely locations. Thanks

Samur
Hi Samur
All I can say is to do your homework!!!
We have searched all the forums we could possibly search to gain info. They are a very good source of info.
I have given all my info to a friend of mine who is going to Turkey to also have a look at house purchase.
If you still want it when he returns I can mail it to you
Olya
Jass
New User...

4 HTPoints

Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:20 pm Post subject: VISITING GUMUSLUK WITH A VIEW TO BUYING

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My partner and I are visiting Gumusluk at the beginning of April with a view to buying a property. We would very much welcome comments as to whether this is a good place to purchase or any suggestions as to other areas. Can anyone give us info on the type of life here. We are looking for somewhere that is quiet, but within easy reach of facilities.

JASS

juneec
New User...

8 HTPoints

Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:32 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Jass,

We were out in Bodrum on holiday last year and fell in love with Gumusluk. We're now going out to view properties in May and would be interested how you got on and which companies you may have dealt with. Sorry, this was meant to be advice for you but it would be interesting to know how you got on.

Good luck

Juneec

Jass
New User...

4 HTPoints

Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:45 pm Post subject:

Hi Juneec,

Thanks, will certainly report back on our findings. Hopefully, others will give some info about the area and any others we should look at. It would really be appreciated.

speak anon.

dorothy
Two Star Member

30 HTPoints

Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 5:15 pm Post subject: gumusluk

have a look at the ex pats forum re gumusluk
Hi Bawbee

I wet to Bodrum/Gumsuluk in Feb with my partner & bought a villa in Gumsuluk. Very nice place and friendly people. I spent about a year looking at Turkey and finaly decided on Bodrum. I ended up buying direct from the developer and have been in contact since then. Looking to complee in June 05. Good Luck
Hi

I can recommend Gumusluk. We bought a property last year following my parents and uncle buying in the area. Property still represents excellent value if you search around, altough prices seem to be rising fast.

The area is still very unspoilt and peaceful, there is going to be a new hotel completed by the beach in Karya bay which can only be build 2 storeys high. This according to one of my Turkish neighbours will have a positive effect in improving the cleaniness of the beach and making it a more sought after area and increase house prices further.
Hi thanks We have bought in myndos hills. We were out in easter was pleased with everything. Can you tell me were Karya beach is. cheers
Hi Winkey

Karya bay is the first bay you come to when you come around from Gumusluk bay towards Yalikavak (where Gumsan sites are). If you look up on the hill to the right of the bay, you will see Karya written in big white letters.

We were also out in easter, shame we had to come back, just as the weather was getting hotter !!!!
hi thanks . we are going back at the end of june it will very hot, i will take alook at karya beach.
JUNEEC,
I hope you have not already gone out to Turkey as I promised I would give you info. Gumusluk is lovely and we are actually buying the property that we had found on the internet through a developer. They are more than helpful and are doing a lot of hard work on our behalf. When we asked around about them, everyone had favourable things to say and they have done a lot of work including building the marina in Turgetreis. Also a big bonus, the sales team speak good English. The company is http://www.ibakhomes.com.
Good Luck! Let me know how you get on.
Hi
Ours is at Gumusluk.
Gumsan II complex

Geoff and Olya
Hi
By the way, if you want to see ours it is at:-

http://www.myturkishvilla.co.uk

Geoff and Olya
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.