Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi, Katiesmum - I am sure you will enjoy Bitez, it is nothing like Marmaris.

Check the restaurants back from the beach as they tend to be cheaper and just as good. Pedesa, Lavas and the kababci on the corner (Can never remember it's name, sorry!) also there was a new one this year called Nur 'something' - their donner was really good and the lavas made freshly when you ordered.

Just had a thought - if you all book at Meis can I claim a finders fee?? :roll:
Katiesmum...

I also remember Turgetreis from many moons ago!!! In the days we had to travel from Dalaman before Bodrum airport opened.... and that awful four and a half hour journey getting there on those dirt track roads. :(

One year we had to board the oldest coach ever.. it had no window in the back!!! God knows how we ever got there!!! I think it did about 10mph.

It was 1995 last time we visited Marmaris and Icmeler and I would not fancy staying there now... but it would not do for us to like the same thing.
One day I will get the bus from Bodrum and revisit them.

Bitez has grown over the years but I think it has still kept its charm. It is not loud and that is why we like it. The seafront restaurants might be a bit more expensive...but it is a great place to people watch!!!which we love doing.

If you do go S/C they have a supermarket "Koctas" (Tescos) it is the best one to shop at and worth the trip because there are not many places to buy food in Bitez and even though we eat out every night..its nice to have bit of food in.. and not forgetting the Efes!!!!

What time of the year are you thinking of going? We have May and end of June booked. :D :D :D can't wait.
Hi,

Due to jobs and school holidays we have to holiday in August!! but then we always holiday in August so know what to expect. Hope as well do find a friend for Katie where ever we choose to stay.

We so loved Turgetries when it was a small village, I had forgotten about the 4+ hour trip to get there and having to change coach just outside Bodrum - but it was well worth it. Will most probably pop down one evening to eat and see how much more its changed.

Am messing about with flights at the moment as would like to do more than 2 weeks but less than 3 if poss, so far go out with FC and back with Thomsons - but prices are a bit scary.

Have you had any problems with Travel Republic! have visions of arriving in middle of night and room not there! Its also really strange that they can do it for so much less, do you think this is why the prices direct are a lot more - they need to recoup the ££ somewhere.

Need to have big discussions with `himself` and DD this weekend before I start pressing some buttons, even though the decision will be left to me, but you have to make it look like they join in don`t you??

Thanks for all the info and advice.
Hi there,

The supermarket isn't Koctas - that's a hardware store owned by B&Q. The supermarket is KIPA, owned by Tescos. If you asked a taxi driver to take you to Koctas you might be surprised when you get there!

Take care,
T
Whoops!!!

Silly me :oops: :oops: :oops:

..thanks for pointing that out turkishvisiter~ we spent many many hours at KOCTAS on our last few trips!!! " KIPA" lt is!!....I was very tired when I posted ....my doggy was terrified of the wind last night and I was staying up with him :cry: :cry: :cry:

We had no trouble at all with T/Republic all very straight forward~good luck with your flights and I do agree it's much nicer going more than the normal two weeks I'd love to stay all summer!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Katiesmum
Appologies for not responding to your post earlier,I have not been on the HT Forum for a while.I am strugerling to find cheap flights from NE for July 2008 at present.We intend to book the Meis when we get sorted,also found it cheas per through Agents rather than Direct with Meis.We will arrange our transfers when we arrive and can always call Sammy (Blue Moon) who will pick us up.Can anyone advise cheapest flights from Doncaster,will they get cheaper if we leave it till next year.
Prawn knows the score on Bitez,prices higher on the front,for better value go to ones a street back,supermarket at Makumba is also the cheapest and well stocked,Makumba Resteraunt is also very good.
Cheers
Skids1
Thanks everyone for all the advice.

Skids1, I am also struggling with flights for August as really want 18-19 nights. I was wondering about waiting till round Xmas in the hope they might come down a little as everyone is thinking about Xmas and not booking!!! (In an ideal world!!)

We would fly from Manchester or Liverpool.
Katiesmum
Yes we will leave it until early next year.£322.00 from Doncaster at moment,would have hoped for £250 ish .We prefer to fly from Doncaster,Humberside,Leeds of Teeside as Manchester is a bit of a trip from East Yorks.
Are lloking for 7 to 10 days in July.The booking of the Hotel/Appartments and transfers is the cheapest part of holidaying in Turkey ,its getting there is the costly part.
Anyone stayed at the Meis ?
We where at Kassandra this year,good location but not impressed.
Hi Skids1,

Prices £900+ ish for 3 of us, was hoping it would come out cheaper!! apartments seem cheapest with TR. Amazing how they can do it for £10 a night cheaper than the Meis itself!
Katiesmum

Have you looked at Thomas Cook flights?

Man-Bodrum August 6th-August 24th =£785.94 (for three)

I am looking for more flights for next year. I have never seen them as expensive as they are now!!!

October, this year, we paid £216 per flight (nine days) and that is the most we have ever paid!!!

Over the past few years, as more and more people have Internet access and have realised they can do D.I.Y. holidays a lot cheaper... the airlines seems to have changed their policies...

Once the flights have gone on sale now ...and they have covered most of their costs the prices start to rise, like an escalator - steady increase... But at the end of the day, its our choice as to whether we want to take a chance and book early or hold out for a better price.
Thanks for that MyHeartBelongsToKadi, unfortunately the earliest we can travel is Sat 9th August. Did look at TC a while ago, but by the time I had added on the extras such as more luggage etc the prices didn`t seem too good.
Katiesmum,

I have booked flights to Bodrum for 31 August, coming back 29 September, with FCA. Worked out at £308 for two of us from Manchester. I have to say that they are not the best times if you are travelling with a child as they are a night flight out (yes, I know, I don't do night flights but figure that if I have my eyes shut most of the flight anyway I may not notice the difference!) and a 4.30am flight back. May be worth a check though! The price includes in-flight meals and 20kg luggage allowance.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.