Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
hi, we stayed at this hotel a couple of years ago, we went b & b, although i think its all inc now.
we found it a very good hotel, its position is excellent if you want to be in the midst of all the seafront bars, but it is still reasonably quiet. about 30m from the beach.staff were very pleasant, young ali at the bar was really nice.
i would advise a safety deposit box as some people had things go missing from there rooms, one elderly couple had all there money and passports stolen, the tour rep was useless, but the hotel manager was excellent and helped the couple sort out there problems, and gave them food and drink on the house, as well as sorting out there passports and money.

hope you enjoy your stay

regards marnie xx
We stayed at the Serin the last week in May and will be back again in August. We have stayed there eight times now and never had any reason to complain about anything. The staff are all very friendly, from the cleaners, waiting staff, bar lads to the managers and the food is good and filling. If you like Turkish fare such as delicious soups, stews and even Chicken and Lamb Donner kebab lol. The Salad bar is always changing and I have tried a lot of new things from there over the years. They also have either boiled or mashed potatoes or chips for those that don't like or wish to try the turkish food. Once a week they have burgers and Chicken nuggets, not my thing but they always seem to go down well with the English and Dutch guests.

There is a free turkish night with a belly dancer and folk dancers once a week and another night they have folk dancers and a group of young Turkish lads that perform dance and acrobatics. I never fancied watching the lads but did a couple of years ago and didn't regret it as they were so fit and strong, really amazing. They don't have any other entertainment at all, that is another reason we go there each year. I could'nt think of anything worse than having a bingo session avery afternoon :yikes

Anything else you want to know please just ask or send me a PM. I have been to Marmaris many times now but the Serin is one of my favourite hotels.

Hope this helps,

Jim.
:thanks Thanks Jim & Marnie :thanks
Thanks you have put my mind at ease, I have been to Marmaris 10 times but not for 6 years, I know where the hotel is situated i was just worried about the actual hotel and the food there as im taking my 20 month son he should be ok as he eats anything!!

Im really looking forward to going back and seeing the place I bet it has changed alot over the years, Just one question is the hotel room got air con?

Thanks again :cheers

Claire.x
Hi Claire, all of the rooms have air conditioning which is in with the price you have already paid so just your safety deposit box to pay for. If there is anything you need ehen you are there just speak to Sami, he is a great guy and can't do enough to make people happy. When are you going, we don't get there till 31st July.

Jim.
Hi Jim

We are going on the 11th July, counting down the days, thanks it just the last hotel i was in didn't have air con and they had ran out of fans to hire and i ended up sleeping on a blow up bed on the balcony for the 2 weeks, all the other hotels i went to had air con, im no fussed about sleeping on the balcony it just with having the wee one he'll no be getting on the balcony as he at the stage we just wants to climb everywhere!!

Thanks again

Claire
Enjoy your holiday Claire, I am sure you will have a great time and not have to sleep on the balcony this time :D

Jim.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.