Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
have a look in the weather topic above and you will see i have posted a link to the weather forecast for blanes, nearest resort to SS.
i'm going to malgrat on wednesday and will not bother with wet weather gear as it looks as if the weather will improve nicely.
it is lousy at the moment in the whole area, but by the time we get there it will be fine and it will be the uk that gets the lousy weather.
dont worry
As a veggie i can truthfully say that i avoid all restaurant as soon as i depart the UK ... they really don't understand the whole veggie thing!!!

In bigger cities, like Barca, you will find some places though
hi i just checked as well and most weather sites see a big improvment from wednesday onwards yippee!!!!

i go on thursday :tup

where are you staying?
Hi, we are off to Tossa de Mar on the 20 May, big family holiday celebrating 3 birthdays (daughter 30 son 28 and youngest son 18) I have been watching the weather and get a bit of a sinking feeling every day now when all I see is rain..... We have been to Tossa twice before in May and had beautiful weather so all I can do is keep my fingers crossed that it all turns out OK. There are 13 of us going.
Just had a phone call from a friend staying in Lloret, he went on 7th May and is due back on Wed, and says he cant wait, because they've only had 3 sunny days and the place is overrun with german and spanish students. He's already looking for another holiday to get over this one. I sincerely hope the weather improves for you, and it'll be quieter in Tossa.
Always a bit of a gamble going before June.

Having said that, last year it was 27C.

Looks to be picking up nicely now though, just hope the sea warms up sharpish as 16C is wet suit territory.
I've always been really lucky when we've went in May, only last year was it not quite as good as normal, but even then it was nowhere near what it's been like lately!!
We are off to Tossa this afternoon and trying to be positive about the weather, its a lovely place so I think we will enjoy our holiday even if the weather isnt too brilliant, I just can't wait to get there now!
Have just returned and can tell everyone its lovely over there at the moment!There were a couple of rainy spells but they didn't last and on the whole it is very sunny..
i hope is stays sunny for you,. we visited first 2 weeks an august, and it was 24,and cloudy on arrival, and steadily got worse, for the whole 2 weeks ive never seen beaches empty, thunder, and lighning so scary, we spent 2 whole days in the hotel room as it was raining so much, it wasnt warm either, in the evenings we had beach towels wrapped around us while sat on the balcony!!
never again,,,,
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.