General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
A customer called in yesterday to amend his holiday because he was having "bad vibes" about his hotel. :que

He wanted another. The one booked, for August in the balearics - £2600, 2 ads, 2 ch.

Same holiday, same operator now - £4000, along with all the other hotels in that area

He decided he didnt want to change the hotel after all. ;)
No, mine keeps coming down in price. :D I've actually booked Las Vegas DIY. The beauty about hotels in Vegas is, if you book direct with the hotel and see a lower rate you can call them and ask for the new rate to be applied.

Our first hotel was booked for 7 nights at a total of $490 on a promo compared with booking direct without the promo at $1070.

We are now only going to stay there 4 nights and have the next 3 nights at $49/night where they are normally around $90.

Next 5 nights are a total of $100, $50/night for the first 2 and the other 3 are comped (free) and the last 3 nights in a 5 star hotel have come down from $129 to $109 to $89/night and they are normally $179.

I have so far saved £226 on hotel alone by calling and getting the lower rates.

luci :wave
HI Luci, it's nice to see someone benefiting and paying lower costs instead of higher. Well done!
We booked ours last May, cost £1800 for three to Cyprus. A wedding was added on, bringing total cost to £2300. Out of curiosity, I've just priced up the same holiday (minus the wedding) and the total cost comes to £2275 and that's only self catering, put the wedding on top and it's £2775. Hubby always says leave it late to book but I like to book a year in advance. Glad we did! He's really shocked.
I have an obsession with checking out the price :rofl my holiday would now cost me £1058.80 if I booked it today-that's for a week's sc in Beni for 2 adults. We paid £546 when we booked last year- that's what I call a bargain. This price includes flight meals, 20kgs luggage and resort transfers ;) Can't beat it!!
Hi De Hi wrote:
Helen T wrote:
You'd think that with the credit crunch - holidays would come down :que

Luckily we booked our holiday in Italy before Christmas so that price is safe. Spending money will be costing more though.

Same here, booked my holiday for Italy, April 2008

2 Weeks in Cattolica for £400, price now £500 not much of a difference
We always stay at the Sunrise Beach in Protaras and it usually goes up £100 per year but last November when I checked it out on Portland to go this June it was £3600 for a family room (we paid 2400 last year) so I didnt book, I checked Thomsons and it was £4200 so decided we couldnt afford to go this year and decided to wait. Eventually after checking every week we have booked the same dates as the £3600 holiday and paid £2900, Im still not happy with that but its where we want to be and we only go once a year but Ive noticed Portland prices fluctuate daily, i see a holiday with a good price and later try to show my OH it and its gone up and he doent believe me.
We booked flights to Bodrum a few months ago and they cost £670 for 4 of us. Those flights are now £1,698 :yikes

I can't believe how much they have gone up - it is ridiculous!
Ours has gone £150 each to fuengirola las palmeras thomas cook, glad I booked when I did.
Our holiday with direct holidays has gone up £350...Glad we booked when we did :D
Just priced our holiday up for this August and todays price is £7200, only difference is we fly on a Monday and the price today is to fly on the Saturday which usually works out a bit more expensive anyway. I priced it up last week too and it was working out at £6900. We booked it last summer for this summer and it cost us £4400, thats for 6 of us 14 nights all inclusive in Majorca. I remember looking the week after I'd booked it and it had already gone up over £1000. And there was me ready to cancel it cause we can't really afford it, but if we don't go this year and the prices go up too much next year we'll never afford it so we're off! :sun2
I can only do a flight check as we are DIY. Flights when booked 4 weeks ago were £189 for 2, now are £289
Our August week in fuertventura has gone up £280, booked in December
Omg I'm in total shock over the cost of my holiday. We booked middle of Feb 2 weeks 4*HB to Tenerife at £1800 it's now gone to just over £2400 :yikes no such thing as a cheapie these days at all
hi all just looked at our flights ..We paid 1060.40 pound with pre booked seats for 4 adults 1 child (lanzarote) with Thomson..Now 1590.40 OMG.....does make you feel good...
Mines has almost double in price now,last time i checked it was up to £1500 odd we paid £882
My flight on the 19th June to Basel booked 12th May has increased by £33. :really
Booked my hold last year because i work in school and have to have school holiday dates , checked on TC and price is cheaper , than what we paid for with Thomson's but the Thomson price has increased , we are ok about the price tho as it is school holidays .
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.