General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
If I was to book our easter holiday again now it's about £800 more shirley .
You'd think that with the credit crunch - holidays would come down :que
my disneyland hotel for march has gone from 372 for 4 days to 505 x 2 rooms and the flights have gone up £74 each x 6 :yikes thats £710 increase for 6 of us

my flights to turkey in july have gone from 488 for 3 of us to 1005 huge increase of £517 for 3 of us

thats over 1200 on those 2 hols

my oct flights have also gone up but only by about £150 so far
my summer holiday to fuertventura has gone up by about £600
We purchased 16 flights for Manchester to Dalaman for this coming August in June last year and paid £2512, the same flights yesterday totalled £7966

A total increase of £5454 :yikes :yikes :yikes

Dave
For the same dates, the price is up by about £1000 as there are no family rooms left. Next available date probably about £100 more, so I'm glad we booked when we did. Interestingly, exact same package with Thomson (we booked with FC) is £1000 more. I would never have paid that price. We are paying £4000 2 adults and 2 children to the Tropicana Grand Azure in August and I certainly wouldn't have gone over that. Originally I didn't want to pay more than 3K but that was getting us nowhere in school holidays.

Pam :cheers
Helen T wrote:
You'd think that with the credit crunch - holidays would come down :que

Perhaps a holiday in this country but with the £ falling against he $ and Euro the prices are going up.

Luckily we booked our holiday in Italy before Christmas so that price is safe. Spending money will be costing more though.
Having said that I bought 17 flights Heathrow to Chicago for Sept last year and paid £470 each. This year I got Birmingham to Chicago, same number of tickets for September at £380 each. This is a double benefit as we don't have to schlep down to Heathrow and back when we have an airport on our doorstep.
Have just checked my holiday which is only available through Direct Hols and it's no longer available for my dates (looks like the return flight is full). Checked the fortnight before and it's around £400 more. We paid £1800 for a fortnight SC for 2 ad and 2 Ch in Menorca in August, so a big % increase. So I'm happy :cheers
Hi, so it seems there is something to be said for booking early after all. Nicjw, our holiday is also with Direct Holidays- they seemed to have the cheapest prices. As we're going during the school Easter holidays, I snapped their hand off at £273pp a week's SC in Beni ;)
I did DIY to Egypt this year and paid £2,300. Same DIY today is £2,640 and the package from Thomas Cook is £2,716 (although it has been as high as £3,100 with TC!) Really need to look around and do a lot of research to get a good deal - I wish I had booked at CHristmas/New Year when the flights were cheaper, but it doesn't make too much difference.
My holiday to gran canaria for july has gone up by £700 since I booked it last september :really , which i think is a shocking price rise, especialy as I am going on the price of a 1 bed apartment now, instead of the 2 bed we have booked!!
Absolutely ! we booked 2weeks AL to jamaica last september for this may at a cracking price of £2400 for the 3 of us, same holiday is now £2800 ! We are going whit school holidays too ! :hyper
I've a feeling that booking well ahead is the way to go for 2010 as well. We were told yesterday that Tour Operators are pulling out of a few places including the likes of Gambia and Kerala. If this is the case, there will be less choice. Less choice will mean more demand - hence I forecast a price hike closer to peak season next year.
I have just checked our holiday to Cyprus in June with Olympic Holidays and the price appears to be exactly the same as when we booked it in September. We don't usually book this far in advance but as we are going over for our sons wedding we had to make sure it was all available.

Amber
We've booked to go to Kenya 2 weeks AI at the beginning of October with First Choice & our holiday has now gone up by over £1,000. Glad I booked it in September 08.
I just can't understand why they've increased the price so much, as it's not even term time we're travelling in either!
We are rushed off our feet. The cold, cold winter has made people book early.. Who can guarantee that we will get a decent summer here? Also, the doom, gloom and misery maks people want something to look forward to. More demand = prices up.
HI AgentQ. That's just what Helen was telling me this morning. I would have thought the demand for holidays would have been less in this economic climate. Aren't people supposed to be out of work or worrying about their jobs :que
Not everyone is losing their job and if you have a decent insurance policy you will be covered for redundancy. There have been a lot of very low deposits too, this encourages early bookers. You will find that people will only give up their breaks as a last resort and 25% of what we are selling is All Inclusive.. no worries about too much spends once the hol is paid for.

I'm desperate for my break even though my Hubby is about to be laid off. We wont give it up for anything, it's paid for and may be the last for a while.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.