Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
Actually, as i've mentioned before, personally I like to go in May or October. May - Oct is considered the east coast rainy season, but strangely enough it doesn't go from 'hot and dry' on April 30th to 'monsoon' on May 1st. And even if it does rain, it won't be incessant. It will often be cooling, and at a certain time (i.e. between 2-3pm every day) or at nighttime. You've typically saved a fortune as well, as hotels and airfares are considerably cheaper in May as well.

Well done you!
Found this:
Climate Thailand Cool Season : (late October to end of February). average temperature 21C and much cooler at night. The coldest months are December and January.
Hot Season : (early March to end of May) Average temperature 29.9C. Thehottest month is April.
Rainy Season : (early June to end of October). Average temperature 25.5C.>The wettest month is September.
Looks as if you will miss the rain, have been in Monsoon, the rain is warm and does not last long.
Thanks, I am certainly starting to look forward to my holiday again....Cheers susan
Cool in Thailand! Apart from when up North or in mountainous areas I've never found that to be the case even in January :)
We have only been to Thailand in the wet season (mainly because of the crazy prices they ask and get for the dry season) We've been in May and it was fine. No one seems to be able to pick the weather these days... it's unpredictable where ever we go. One thing though it won't be cold. I can't remember which trip it was but I remember we did get a couple of days rain one year and we swished through Patong, it was like a warm foot bath and not hard to take. I'd take some shoes or buy some crocs that like the water and won't get ruined. The good hotels all provide brollys in the rooms.
We are going to Phuket again in October... the wet season.
Cheers Geri
We went to Thailand last May (07) and had brilliant weather ! We only saw rain about 3 times and it was always during the evening or over night, and lasted about an hour or so, so it didn't affect our days of sun-worshipping ! It was still very warm though and in fact, the rain was quite cooling..! We were told by our rep though that they'd had 2 weeks of constant rain before we arrived ! so there's really no telling, especially in this world of climate change, but you'll still have a great time I'm sure....
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.