Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
I once changed a hotel we were going to in Las Vegas after I read bad reviews. It was one of the big TOs and it took one phone call and a fee of £15 per person.
Atlantis hotel and resort, most reveiws are quite good, some bad but i just have this feeling niggling away that we have booked the wrong hotel, someone on here is going to it in a weeks time and we have been in contact so they can tell me what its like, so really i shouldn't be worrying but i am
it's easy to say dont worry all will be fine,just go on your holiday and enjoy yourself ,but you do sound like your having a real problem,as a single dad raising my daughter i understand your concerns,i too worry,but not to the extreme,try to relax a little and think,ok my daughter had a tummy bug in cyprus-this could have happend anywhere,even at home,and as for the poor girl who needs the transplant,i presume this was a one off,and not dozens of people falling ill,we are going back to turkey in a couple of weeks time,for the third year in a row,we have never had any problems at all,and always have a great time,all i can say is try not to worry,go and have fun, :wink
when are you goin if its not for a while i would wait and see what the recent reviews are like

i cancelled my may 07 hol last summer due to a similiar thing, when i booked it most of the review were great, my oldest daughter even went for a week and said it was fine. then about 2-3 mths later i saw the reviews were getting really bad lots of food poisoning in reviews and got very worried and didnt want to risk my 7 yr old getting this, i rang up fc and explained this ,they said that some of the all inc had changed too and therefore i could change to another holiday free of charge in the end i cancelled and got a refund.
we go on 8th july, my son will be just 8 and my daughter just turned 4, the reviews seems to be tummy bugs and ear infections but these are taken from many websites, most on here seem quite good, i think i'll wait and see what the review is like from another holiday truth memeber in 2 weeks time before i make a rash decsion not to go
Hi,

I understand your concerns, but remember in places like Turkey some people are prone to becomming Ill. Last August I was very bad for 2 days, was not fault of the hotel I was staying it, just something I ate I think.

If your worried about Ear infections, and the pool does not look as clean as you like just visit another hotels pool, if you have not booked halfboard/all inclusive then you can eat somewhere else.

I suspect that the hotel you have booked will be good, and that you have no need to worry.

You could try and get transferred to another hotel, either now, or on arrival by speaking to your rep.

Enjoy your holiday, and relax :)
get in touch with your t/a straight away and let them know of your concern,there will be no problem changing for a minimal fee..it would spoil all your holiday if you are constantly worrying about what could happen a couple of years ago the wife and i were booked up for the kaya belek,when there were reports that thomas cook had flown 147 visitors home because of a bug in the pool which the hotel people denied ,but was proven to be the case, we decided at the start of the dispute to change hotel we did with no problem , decided on the sun zeynep in belek ,and have been there four times now,there are a lot of great hotels in belek ,you would be better safe than sorry, good luck .

bluepeterno1
i should have mentioned silly me that the hotel i was going to wasnt in turkey it was in morocco, agadir, but cancelled and im now going to turkey again

good luck with what ever you decide but i think waiting for 2 weeks to see what HT member has to say is a good idea
thanks for all the points of view, I suppose I'm being a bit overly worried but I did start feeling this way soon after booking and tried to dismiss it, and now only about 10wks to go I'm starting to panick, I will decide when i read the review in a few weeks from the other HT member and hopefully all will be good
One way to look at it, is if there was a problem last year which has caused tummy bugs or ear infections, hopefully they will be being over cautious with the cleanliness and hygiene, its not in their interest to have lots of people returning home ill, and giving them bad reviews.
I think you are doing the right think in waiting to get a review in from another member of holiday truths. After that you can make your decision either way.

It's horrible when you get a fixation in your mind that something is going to go wrong with the health of one of your kid's, sometimes you just can't shift it.

I'm sure your TO will let you change for an amendment fee should you want to.

I felt like you do the first time we went to Sharm as so many of the hotels get bad reports on food. But we were OK and have just come back from our second holiday there, but I know we could go a third time and be poorly, sometimes you just fall unlucky.
I would not wait for two weeks because this then brings you in to cancellation time ie. eight weeks before you go. Some companies consider any change within 8 weeks of departure as a cancellation with huge financial penalties. Before 8 weeks most companies are more flexible and will allow you to change for an admin fee.
Hope it works out for you and you have agreat holiday
Margaret
Sorry. :oops: I didn't realise that by waiting another two weeks, you would be within eight weeks to departure.

I think nekit is right you probably do need to at least give them a ring now to see where you stand on changing to another hotel and read the small print on your booking terms and conditions as they relate to changes and cancellations.

Things change the closer to departure you get.
thanks thats great I wasn't even thinking about the 8weeks cancellation time. I will pop in to TA tommorow and see what they say.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.