Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Can anyone help?

I dont know whether to book this or not and could really do with some feedback on Icmeler itself or the hotel . . .many thanks
Hi Karen

Sorry none of the regular visitors to Icmeler have replied. I'm a Marmaris regular myself but also like to travel through to Icmeler and find it a great place. Its got a better beach than Marmaris. Friends of ours were regulars to the Hotel Efes Inn and thought it was great, I went to meet them there once (but missed them) hoever thought the Hotel looked good. I seem to remember it had gardens that went down towards the beach. As for your price I think it is excellent, I am paying more than that for SC next week. Personally I would jump at it. Lots of good restaurants in Icmeler and you can also take the dolmus through to Marmaris. Weather not gauranteed but we went last October and had good weather with rain only a couple of mornings. As I say I would jump at it.

Wilson
Karen

My daughter has stayed at Efes Inn and may reply to this post soon.
I am off to Icmeler tomorrow and I would say it will be very suitable for you and your son.It is a very pretty resort and is surrounded by stunning scenery.
My friend stayed at the Efes inn last June and I visited there and it seemed a very friendly hotel.
It is very near the beach in the centre of the resort.
Icmeler itself is larger than Olu Deniz and I like it better.You can visit Marmaris by using the dolmus,boat or walking along the scenic beach path.
There are lots of lovely places to eat and if you like shopping a large market on a Wednesday. :rofl
Efes Inn, is in a great location in Icmeler,right on the beach with plenty going on round about. Only problem is the air con although in October i wouldn't worry about it too much. Pool is not a bad size but i quite often used the Blue Rainbow next door's pool as it was better than Efes. Breakfast were fine,typical turkish breakfast. Meals in pool bar were very nice,staff all nice and they do have entertainment on a few nights per week.

Icmeler itself is a lovely resort with plenty to do. Dolmus to Marmaris point centre costs 2ytl and takes about 10-15 minutes.
Thank you all for your help ~ I have just had a thought lol :duh

the flight out is the 27th october, returning 4th November but I know that some places the season ends at the end of October. Is Icmeler one of those resorts or will things still be open? As I mentioned above, we went to Ibiza last year and returned on the 31st October, and hardly anything was open and it was so quiet it really wasnt great . . .wouldn't want to go and do the same thing again . . .
hiya
just looking back at my passport , was there untill the 31 oct all was open but i think the smaller bars do shut im afraid , there will still be plenty to do also mamaris is busier so you could take the bus to there
weather was still nice but you would need a cardy or light jacket with hood just incase that s a good price for your hoilday
HI, I stayed at Efes many years ago. It is in a great location. You have got a good price too. So location good, price good, hotel good. I say go for it.

Ruth
Hi Karen
We stayed at the Efes Inn in May this year, and have booked again for next May, great hotel, right on the beach, they have their own beach area, food excellent and cheaper than outside, all the boys there are really friendly, if you go, say hi to all of them for us, and give Teo, the man on reception, a kick and tell him to reply to my emails.
Have a good one

Margo and George
Ps if you want to see some pics from there, PM me your email address
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.