Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
I havent stayed here but I always take sterling and change it there as you get a better rate.
There are lots of ATMs in the main square but lots of supermarkets give a good exchange rate.
Look on the Monies thread for the price we paid last October,and also the different restaurants we ate at.
Everyone was excellent and I have never heard anyone complain about the food in Icmeler.
We stayed at Efes Inn two years ago, the hotel is nicely situated but we did have problems regarding the air conditioning but I think they have re-furbished the hotel since then.It did not help that we had a heat wave at the time!

We used to change sterling in a small supermarket right behind the htoel and got good rates there

I amsure you will have a nice holiday,
I also stayed at Efes Inn in 2007. Great location, great staff and great food.
Pool area ok,not the best but adequate,we sometimes used the pool at Blue Rainbow Hotel right next door and also the beach is practically on your doorstep. We were given a room on 3rd floor which was tiny and had a small vent in wall that was air con,the fridge/mini bar was more like a microwave!!We asked to be moved to new floor of hotel(5th floor) which was lovely and had it's own air con unit and we did get a room up there after a few days.
Havana Bar right opposite hotel is great,Jimmy Okimos behind Havana is good also.Hotel is in a good location plenty bars and restaurants within walking distance. I'm sure you will enjoy it and like Barb said i've also heard it's been refurbished don't know whether it has been or not. You'll find some useful reviews in the Hotel review section on here and i'm sure there will be more added before you go in August.

As for money i always take a mix of Turkish Lira and English money, most supermarkets,bars etc will change money for you just ask around to find out what rate they will give you.

Enjoy it when the time comes! :cheers
You will fall in love with Icmeler, its set in such beautiful surroundings and the hospitality is absolutely wonderful.

Trips are available on nearly every street but dont forget to haggle and you will get a reduction especially if you are booking more than one trip. Trips I usually go on are the all inclusive boat trips, includes meal and drinks, jeep safari, great for a fun day out to let your hair down and act as a child for a day, this includes dinner too and a Turkish bath, but do this in your first 1-2 days as it could scrape away a little of your tan. These trips are usually around £10 each.

There are many beauitiful restaurants and I have not had a bad meal in Icmeler. You will get anything you are looking for whether its your typical British meal to Turkish cuisine.

Sorry I cant help with the Efes Hotel, I have never stayed there before but all reports I have heard about from people who have stayed there have been very good.

Have a look at the following site as I know a few people on this forum have stayed at the Efes. http://www.icmeleronline.com/forum

Above all, have a super holiday.
thanks for all replies, very useful, many thanks.

For those who have stayed at efes we are seemingly on 3rd floor annexe of hotel, would you advise changing this to 5th floor, or do you think that since refurb the air conditioning will be fine in all the rooms?.

We are staying on a b and b basis which i understand is a continental style breakfast which is fine for us girls, but the men like full english, do you know if they can get that at a charge or would it be easy enough to get a full english outside hotel?
Don't worry, chuchter, you will find loads of places which do full English breakfasts, many for as little as £1! Eating out is Icmeler isn't a problem - there are plenty of great places and I've never had a bad meal in any of the ones I've tried. The only problem is choosing where to go - you'll be spoiled for choice.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.