Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi there yes there are fridges in the rooms at the effes inn they are small and ours was not very cold but if yours is the same ask them to change it,if you can, also ask them for a room on the lower floors as the air conditioning works better,hope this is of help to you,you will have a fab time there the hotel is spotless and the staff are brilliant and it is right on the doorstop of everything,ENJOY johnboy :)
Hi,

Has anyone been to the Efes Inn, Icmeler recenty. There was only one review for last year.

We have booked for June with TC and have double room with third bed. As there are only two of us would they take the spare bed out to give more room?

Also has the AC improved since 2005 as the reviews then mentioned it was not that good.

Thanks
Hi Barb

tried to post a link for you to look at but it wont come out on screen

will pm it to you

Lynn
Hi!

Was last there in 2005, must admit even with the third bed the rooms were a great size and no problem for 2 people.As for the A/C?We have found that the third and fourth floors are ok, my wife loves the place as the staff are superb, bit noisy for me though until about midnight.(i'm getting old and grumpy!LOL!)

Alistair
Thanks Byle, that has eased ny nind, The reviews have all been good one that implied only old people went there which suits us!!!

We stayed in The Munimar last June which is more or less next door and although a lovely hotel lacked atmosphere, Our coach dropped off a big group at The Efes Inn who had been there before, they were also on the coach home and all had a great time.

Have requested a high floor, so fingers crossed we get one,

Barb
Sorry Nyle finger slipped on the B key.

Barb
Hi Barb!

The Efes Inn does attract many repeat visitors each year, most of whom are of the more mature variety!LOL!We have found both 408 and 308 had reasonable A/C in fact we had to go under the blankets in late June!LOL!The food in the hotel is excellent, however many lovely restaurants nearby. When you arrive ask for a quiet room as some rooms do face onto a noisy genarator.Enjoy your holiday!

Alistair
Hi Alistair,

Thanks for your help. Do hope we are not near a generator as I would not be able to sleep. We had one outside our room in Cyprus once and I had to get ear plugs. I am a very light sleeper.

Hopefully I may be able to email the hotel at the beginning of the season to request a quiet room.

We ate a couple of times in Amalia's (?) and found the steaks lovely. Another nice one was Coco Beach but will give the hotel a try as the reviews have been good on the food side.

I am sure we will have a good time, have not had a bad one yet in Icmeler.

Barb
Does anyone know if you can book this hotel direct or do you have to go through Thomas Cook?
Never seen anything on booking direct, seems like most reports TC was the main agent.

We got a very good deal with them and I doubt if it could be done that much cheaper. Have a daytime flight from Gatwick. We booked in the high street shop and got a better deal than the internet offered, plus they gave us a good insurance deal too.
Looked on the internet the other day and the price quoted is £100 more and that did not include insurance so have no complaints.

Barb
Hi!

From memory in 2005 the hotel had a notice up which stated their charges per-room per-night at £60!Which given prices in other apartments and hotels seemed a bit much! Doubtless some local negotiation could take place!?Bound to be a phone/e mail for them somewhere?Always found the TC price for this hotel to be excellent value for money, although I would recommend the B/B rather than half board.

Alistair
Chelsea boy has a link to yellow pages on his posts under daily weather reports. You can get the phone number for Efes Inn there

Lynn
Hello!

Got this on the net so hope it is correct.

Efes Inn

Tel:, (252) 455 20 16 - 455 27 26.

Alistair
Thanks for all your help, probably book it with TC the flights to go DIY are so expensive at the moment. Can anyone tell me what the breakfast is like, do you get a decent choice? will only book BB not interested in Half Board but am going on all the recomendations for the this hotel and they are all good.
Hi Mandii

Typical Turkish breakfast materials, Flakes, fruit, cheese, cold meat with tea or coffee or a kind of orange squash . Really strongly recommend you bring your own teabags or coffee!Or just pop down to the beach bar and get a great fry-up for not a lot!Oh I nearly forgot! Eggs! Eggs!Eggs!lots of Eggs!LOL!All boiled!Just pop out anywhere within a 2 minute walk of the hotel and you will find excellent value English breakfasts, sadly no tattie scones!

Best wishes

Alistair ,
Had a look at the TC on line and they had reduced it again, I booked flights only last Octover with First Choice and cost over £200 each plus transfer on top.

Barbara
hi all
my son & girlfriend had booked to go to selen11 in july, but recieved a letter from thomas cook saying that they no longer deal with that hotel & have offered them hotel efes inn for same price & same board b&b just wondered if anyone had any views on this and were we can find pictures of it would be a great help

cheers dodge
Hi Dodge,

We are going to Efes Inn in June for the first time, so canot give an opinion yet! The hotel is close to the beach just by Munimar Hotel. close to all the bars etc.,

There is information in Thos.Cook brochure and also on the Icmeler on line photo gallery.

The reviews are pretty good.

Barb
Hi Dodge,

Stayed here a couple of times, Great hotel, great staff, great location as it backs right onto the beach. The only downsides we can think of is that the decor needs a bit of refreshing, and the centrally-controlled aircon seems a bit inconsistent throughout the hotel. The 2/3 bedded rooms are a good size, and the bathrooms excellent. Can get a wee bit noisy in the evening however this is ok as unless it has changed all hotels and surrounding restaurants turn off/down their music at midnight. It is 3 star with 5 star staff! If you wish any other info, just ask or pm me.

Alistair
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.