Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
I havent returned recently but my friends have and they said it was cheapest in Buffalo bar,Tin Tins and Florida which was 3TL a bottle and cheaper for draught in Buffalo. :tup
Thanks for that Jay... Just gives me something to go off.. :-)
It was 5 lira in most bars in Hisaronu in June .Regards wee john
We are just back last week from marmaris ...efes bottle 5tl - 7tl big change on two years ago 3tl-5tl, most of our cash went on drinks ..large soft drinks poured from 2 litre bottles 7tl ...not a bad mark up, in fact if they gave you the 2 litre bottle and charged you 7tl they would still be making a killing .
Dalyan was around the 5tl-6tl for a bottle in the bars which seems to be the norm for all the resorts.

If you happen to have a Makro card they currently have a case of 24 for £17.38 which works out at just under 73p per 330ml bottle.
Icmeler seems to be one of the cheapest Turkish resort ,probably because of the amount of restaurants and bars.
We were in Calis beach in May and the cheapest Efes was 5TL but friends who have just returned from Icmeler said that it was 3tl in a few bars and draught even cheaper in Buffalo bar.
Ruth the OP is in Icmeler now so hopefully she will confirm the prices on her return. :cheers
Hi... Am in resort and around 7tl at most places o beach front. Confirmed that Buffalo is 3tl. But we go to the garden which was 5tl but agreed 4tl for us!! :-) I'm not a huge drinker but will have one of an afternoon. But drinks esp soft ones are a tad steep. Last night I paid 2tl for a small water!!! In shop 75k... !!!

Will do brief report on return! :-)
Lots of bars advertise draft/draught beer at 3 lira and even less than this but they do not say Efes

Perge beer on tap is cheap so maybe that but I don't think it matters to a lot of pople as long as it is cheap

For Value For Money Custom Holidays To Turkey Click Here- http://www.Icmeleronline.com

John
6tl in most places in Turunc and if you do the Efeses / Pammakali trip then the overnight hotel charges you 10tl ....big rip off

It's now got to the stage where you can buy a bottle of efes in the local Whetherspoon pub cheaper than you can in Turkey!
Hi,
Not long back but we found that most places were around 6tl on the front by beach, however, there were a good handful of places that were 4tl for large bottle of efes, and yes it was a bottle and not draft.

We did go over to Turunc a few times and am considering going there next year as think the 'charm' of Icmeler has worn off for us for now. :-(

Happy hol's. :-)
Similar to Ruth here (I was in Icmeler too).

Prices ranged from 4TL to 6TL in the town centre (for 0.5 litre). In the hotel it was 5.25TL for 0.5 litre or 6.25TL for 0.7 litre (XL) so not too bad really.

At the exchange rate we were getting that works out at £1.86 for 0.5 litre and £2.22 for 0.7 litre. I can't argue with that when you think it's around £4.00 for a pint of Bud in York, even more if you drink bottles.
A draught Efes in cities in Turkey away from the influence of the British holiday market is normally between 10-12 lira

Taxes are very high in Turkey along with rents so what you see in the "British" resorts is not the true prices
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.