Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
I'll add these apartments to our reviews site. In the meantime I have found one review Click Here to view

I've now added these apartments - if anyone has stayed here please add your review Click Here

Many thanks 8)
Hi There, ive been to protaras 7 years running always staying on the main strip,im not sure about your apartments but penera is nice a lot quieter than protaras,ive eaten in most of ths restaurants the best ones are diva,corner house,island affair, bambos,le strada,rocks which is on the top road going towards penera,the best bar is rockafellas on the main strip,watch the love boat,in rockafellas last year i was talking to a girl who used to work their who said they sit u down then put the dregs in your beer stick to bottles,most excursion shops do diving e.t.c the water park ia a must,ayia napa is not my cup of tea at night but it is worth a visit in the daytime,im off to kefalonia in august for a change,any more info required drop me a line.
Paul,

Not sure if you will have already seen them but I've PM'd you with at least 7 very long & informative reviews......most from 2005.

Hope you find them useful in some way.

Sapph
Hi Sapph,

Yep, just recieved PM, thanks for that, doesn't look to bad after all - phew :) Now i'm really looking forward to my trip :D
On another note a friend returned from Cyprus on Wednesday and complained that they experienced severe delays at the airport and were refused landing at Luton so had to land at Birmingham, then bus it to Luton. Hopefully this was a one off! :?
Hi,
we have been to Protaras and Pernera quite a few times and I'm sure you'll have a great time. My husband and daughter both scuba dive and use Taba diving school run by an english guy called Steve. This is located just behind the hotel Pernera Beach, not too far away from your accommodation if you walk along the beach. There are loads of good restaurants in Pernera. Our favourites are the Cordon Blue, The Steak and Ale House and further towards Protaras one called Rocks.
You must try the Anatolia Restaurant from Penera - its just before you turn left in to the main strip in Protaras - fantastic food, great value, plenty of choices & the staff are wonderful - so friendly. We were in Penera last year staying at the Paschalia and ate in the Anatolia 10 out of our 14 nights. Hope you enjoy Cyprus - but there is no doubt you will its the best place in the world as far as I'm concerned. . . . .
Thanks guys for all your comments, you've helped us a lot. I'll try and visit as many of the recommend bars / restaurants etc and write a review of the accommodation when we get back :)
Whilst I remember I have another question......

Is there internet wireless points around the area, i have 2 weeks off but can't be to far from my emails / work so i'll need to check every 2 days or so :(
Thanks again.
There is an internet cafe (Easy) I think in the block of shops just before you get to the Anatolia restaurant. As far as I know they have wireless access - but if not lots of the bars have signs up outside regarding internet access so even if you cant connect wirelessly you should still be able to get online just to pick up emails. The Paschalia hotel has internet access in reception & you don't have to be resident to use it.

Have a good time - switch off from work & chill, work will be there when you are not !!!! :roll:
The Nicolas Taverna in Protaras is great, lovely food and good service. If you give them repeat custom they give you free salad and wine and stuff. They serve traditional Cypriot food
I have read about Anatolia in many threads and comes highly recommended.. just a question if any one knows do they accept debit/credit cards?

We are going to Cyprus Protaras for the first time in June so just checking if cards are widely accepted :)
Hi joggerspark

Credit and debit cards are widely accepted all over the island......enjoy your holiday :D
thanks for that bluebabe :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.