Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Colon 2

Columbus is full of youngster these days and oro Negro is right next to a brothel.
Colon 2, no question...Perfect for our age group 8)
The Oro negro hotel is NOT right next door to a brothel. There is what looks like one further down the street but we stayed in the Oro Blanco apartments which is next door to the Oro Negro hotel and never saw or heard anything unpleasant from that direction, and the apartment was nearere than the hotel. We talked to some people staying in the hotel and they had nothing but praise for it.We are in our 50s/60s.
More replies please , so helpful , like the revues on both colon2 and oro Negro , as i said before no difference in price from Sc and H/Board .
Thanks all
Plus !!! can put up with brothel , kids i cant stand (joke)
Colon 2 without a doubt, great location, gets great reviews. And looks lovely from the outside

here is a video of the colombus, should you be interested in watching.
http://www.holidays-captured.co.uk/hotel_videos/columbus.htm
whitout a second thought it has to be the colon 11 stayed there last year, you will not look back i can assure you, the columbus looks like a 18/20 dive, we had a look round the place and had a drink in there bar, looks like lebenon
columbus looks like a 18/20 dive

Never used to be. The hotel itself is fine but over the last year or two the standards have changed re guests and they have moved towards the budget end of accommodation prices hence the attraction to youngsters rather than the emphasis on families that it used to have.

Oro Negro is very close to a red light zone. If the brothel has been closed then i apologize but its business its still present in the area
Now this for me is very misleading

Oro Negro is very close to a red light zone

It make the area sound like it is somewhere like lumb lane in bradford, with girls in short skirts walking round the streets all the time.

It isn't.

On the same row as the hotel there is a massage parlour, sex shop whatever you would like to call it.

There are NOT girls walking outside day or night. And i've known people who have stayed in this area and walked past it and never knew it was there.

It is under some apts not the hotel mentioned. It has a sign outside in red neon, just like some of the bars at veronicas. And that is it.

I have been staying at palm beach club for years now. And i've spoke to people who have also been there for years as it is a timeshare club.

Now a lot of people at this establishment didn't know that there is also a 'brothel' underneath palm beach. If you didn't know that is was there you would miss it. And most of the residents in palm beach dont' know it is there, because it is discrete.

People go on about the 'brothel' near to oro negro and it makes me mad, as these places are everywhere now a days. And it can be so off putting to tourists.

Put it this way i'd rather walk past this 'brothel' with its
business its still present in the area
than take a chance and walk into a bar like some of the ones in benidorm and see what i've seen. :shock: Sexy Barbara having sex with a 18 year old lad out of the audience. And all this with no warning.

So i say to anyone visiting this area, there is nothing to worry about, your not going to be walking home on a night, with kerb crawlers around you, and girls parading up and down the street. Infact you will probably have to look to find the 'brothel' as i'd been there quite a few times before i decided to look for it.

because on the side of it it says 24 hour disco, and that is what i thought it was. This is a quote from a friend of mine, who did a review on the apts las floritas.

I would say that we hardly noticed the night club and sex shop as they are underneath and not very visible... we certainly didn't take exceptiion to them and have seen much worse in the UK.
Ore Negro is not a place I would recommend.
Wherever you go out at night you have an uphill walk going home.
There is also a bar beneath certain rooms facing golf course.
If you get one of them you not only get the noise from the bar but also from others going home at all hours. The road outside is very busy too at the moment due to all the roadworks on the main drag.
The hotel itself was fine and has a sun terrace on the roof as well as by the pool.
Dont know enough about the others to make a comment, but from memory the Colon is miles away from centre
Ive stayed in the Ore Negro with my wife and no problems whatever, OK a couple of girls sometimes hung about near the hotel, but you were NEVER BOTHERED.

i would go as far to say wickedchris post on the 6/9/07 is very fair.

my wife and i would go back to the ORE NEGRO, NOW IF POSSIBLE) I'm just waiting on the prices dropping. :) :) :)
Colon is miles away from centre

These 3 places are within about 400 square yards of each other and are all within 800 yards of the centre of town with Colon 2 probably closest. It is at the bottom of the hill that the Columbus is at the top of therefore on the same street as the Veronicas strip which is about 400 yards away to the west
No contest, for me its Colon 11
We have stayed at the Columbus and the Oro Negro and would certainly go for the Oro Negro.The staff are very nice,food was excellent and hotel was clean.My mom has stayed there 3 times on her own and has never had any problems.
We never saw any "ladies".
The only thing that lets the Oro Negro down in my opinion is the lack of evening entertainment but it's not far to walk to bars.
great help folks , more of the same please.geoff
Well geoff i don't know what more we can tell you :lol:
my last bit on this one...if you book the Oro Negro you will have only one thing to worry about !! THE WEATHER....GO AND ENJOY. :D :D :D
if the colon 2 is 400 yards from the oro negro i'll eat my hat!!!!!! :shock:
the colon is probably closest to the main area.......
i stayed at the oro negro a good while back..... no problems at all..... only 1 thing to fault is the hill, so a bit of a trek if you've had a few!!!!!
the so called "red light" area as it has been put is 1 bar, and as already mentioned no girls hanging about, its just a door!!!!!
the columbus will probably give you the longest walk to the main area, but there isnt a lot in it
I'm glad that others have cleared up the fact that the oro negro isn't in a red light zone.

As i think that this comment can be very misleading to visitors coming to this area.
i stayed at the colon2 last year and it was lovely
i havent stayed in the other 2 but i would give them i try i know were they are
and im not put off but the colon 2 is very very nice
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.