Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
The big AI hotels on the beach front are expensive but theres the Efes Inn and the Golmar hotel on the front that are lovely .
The Golmar is at the very end of the bay near the new marina and every room has a spectacular view over the bay.
The Efes inn is near the centre of the resort and has many repeat guests.
Golmar Hotel is lovely stayed in it two years ago
Thanks very much i'm off to check them all out now I like the sounnd of The Golmar:)
Just checked out reviews on the 3 the suggestions. I think the Golmar maybe too big a smaller family run hotel would probably be more appealing and the efes inn and kontes recent reviews weren't very good it sound as if there have been changes for the worse at both. I'll keep searching though thanks for your help:)
Most of the hotels on the beachfront are quite big, to be honest. Have you tried contacting Icmeler Online? If you tell them the type of place you've got in mind, I'm sure they'd be able to recommend something to fit the bill.
Hi
I haven't spoken to John at IOL yet but have recommended that our friends do as he really helped me when we were looking for my daughter and her friend last year.
Yes they do all seem quite big maybe something back a bit from the beach with a nic pool would be an option?
One i saw offered by IOL was Fantasia do you know anything about it? I think it was the old Laguna
Yes, I think the Fantasia is the old Laguna, but from what I hear, they're spending a lot of money doing it up for this seasson and rumours has it that it's going to become one of the top-class hotels in the resort. Might be quite pricey as a result, though. All depends what you're looking for - personally, I prefer the smaller family-run places too, and Icmeler has plenty of those. There are quite a few places not too far from the beach as well - depends if they want a hotel or would consider apartments too. I'm sure ICR would be able to recommend somewhere to tick all their boxes.
OOh that sounds interesting though!
I think some of the apartments look lovely too and I haven't had a chance to ask if they would consider apts although I can't see why not. i like the look of princes apartments the pool looks great and its only 100 mtres away from the beach.
Hi Crockergirl
May I suggest the Marbas which is next door to the Golmar but is smaller and having had a recient re-furbishment is possably a bit better standard. The both of them are idealy situated at the end of the bay with stunning views along the coast and to the islands [if you book a sea view] Our first time in Icmeler was spent in the Golmar and no problems, then we wandered about for a few years but finally plummed for the Marbas, where we stayed maybe 8/9 times up to 3 years ago when we then started useing private accomadation. If we ever went back to useing hotels I am 100% sure it would be the Marbas.
We do still go and visit when we are out as we made some good friends there, and can say with confidence the place is always clean and well maintained. It has its own part of the beach run by their staff which is only a short walk past their pool and beach resturant. I could go on but suggest you view the brochures etc and can honestly say what you see in them is what you will get in regard to the views and internal aspect.
Also one thing I am sure of is the girls and indeed yourslves will enjoy the good crac on the beach with the waiters who will look after you all day.We personally use the Denis Kapisi beach which is next door, To us that end of the beach is more intimate and personal with more atmosphere than the bigger beach but thats our own taste
If you want to pm me for Email I can send you some great photos of the rooms and balcony views, wont be upset if you dont though.

Oh by the way !! I do believe ICR [icmeleroneline] do the Marbas :- Or is this spamming, Colette ?
Best Regards
Peli
Kontes on the Sea front.
No Pool but the sea is just a few yards away.
Not a large Hotel and all rooms have either a full or side sea view.
Excellent restaurent underneath.

Gene
As I haven't been in for a while I have only just noticed this post so here are a few things that may be of help to you.

The old Laguna is now being ripped out and will become one of the Fantasia groups hotels and will be quite expensive compared to some but will be well worth it being and adults only hotel and full board.

The Marbas which Peli pointed out is actually my good friend Ali's brothers hotel and this year gone all inclusive so may be not what you were looking for but is bang on the beach

The Kontes is an nice place with the best views of Icmeler for the price but is so popular and we are fully booked for quite a few dates through the year so you need to be quick on that one.

Bonjour is a very nice place in the centre of town and bed and breakfast only but is very nice and as with the Kontes has quite a few stop sales already for this year.

Icmeler will be very busy this year so if it is for high season then you need to act fast to get your accommodation booked.

John
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.