Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Hi Liz,

There are two beachfront hotels in the Old Town of Albufeira, the Sol e Mar (which is right on the beach) and the Rocamar. In the Montechoro area there's the Oura View Beach Club and Clube Praia da Oura. Further east you could have a look at the Grande Real Santa Eulalia. In high Summer the sun will probably be setting over the land rather than the sea but the sunsets can be absolutely magnificent!

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b19/roseweb2/sunset.jpg
Wow that sunset is beautiful!

I am waiting for summer 2009 to come on sale for these 2 hotels and it is suposed to be tomorrow.

Thanks for your reply and any further info of anyone would be appreciated.

Cheers Liz. :sun2 :sun2
I'd go for the Rocamar - haven't stayed there but it gets brilliant reviews and looks lovely on their website. I think it's contracted to one Tour Operator.

Have stayed in the Sol e Mar and it was fine - no problems - food nothing flash so am glad we only went B&B. However the location is superb and every room has an uninterupted sea view.
we stayed at the rocamar in sept & loved it. only downside would be in high season when i could see the space around the pool being limited
we booked through alpha rooms & got a real good deal

i would also suggest b & b and not half board
if it wasn't for trying to extend the family we would be back there this september
Thanks both of you for replies.

We are wanting to go in Aug so am thinking it will be a little crowded around the pool area, but then again the sol e mar doesn't have a pool area.... I am trying to D.I.Y it at the momment..has anyone else done this?
Hi

yes i booked with Jet2 & then with alpha rooms. you can also book direct with the hotel. their website is a bit difficult to find, but type in rocamarbeach and you should find it. just typing rocamar portugal didn't find it for me

if you go with the rocamar go for the sea view & try and ask for a room NOT on the 3rd floor. thats where the pool is & some do not have a terrace.
also you will have people sunbathing right in front of your room
Thanks I will try that. I have just emailed http://www.newhotels@manorhouses.com and they are going to contact the hotel and get back with a price.

Any Idea anyone when the D.I.Y flights are likely to be out for Aug 2009? they are up to March 2009 now.
We did DIY our flights were with Jet2, but Flyglobespan and Easyjet all go to Faro.
Last October I stayed at the Rocamar, last week I stayed at the Sol e Mar. I think the Rocamar is far better. It is a little more modern and friendly. The Sol e Mar was a little more dated. I have always booked through Travel Republic and found them to be really cheap. For flights I use Easy Jet as they fly from Newcastle (my home town) their flights usually come out around February for summer dates. Keep looking regularly, the day they come out is the cheapest.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.