Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
There are no resorts full of drunken idiots in Minorca. However they may all be a bit quiet for a couple of lively 15 year olds. When you talking about clubbing do you mean full on night clubs that dont really get going until midnight time ? Calan forcat has a few music bars and one nightclub which is fairly quiet and there will meet few people their own age there. Waht time of year are you going ?

Have you been to Minorca before ? Its safe and friendly for family holidays but if you teen girls having a lively time is required then maybe the wrong destination unless they find friends within the accommodation.

Kind Regards
Stewart
I agree you would be better off going to Majorca.

Depending on time of year you are going will determine which resort would be best.

Regards

Dave.
However, I know of quite a few who go to Arenal d'en Castell with teenagers because they find it safe to let them go out in th evening. There are a few pubs with live music but not many and the teenagers easily make friends. My children are younger so this is only what I have heard from others though.
I think Calan Forcat is probably the best place for you,although personally I think it's awful.(Please don't take this the wrong way).I love Menorca!
I agree Blanck, Arenal d'en castell is a good place to go, there are a few music bars but as it is a small place every thing is near so not much worry about getting home again late at night
gally.

We have been to Cala'n Forcat twice and its geared up for the pre-teens with bars having bouncy castles etc. There is one late club called the blue bamboo (I think) but having a young one we never went. The not so local imported staff swarm round the girls mind.
Drunken youth are not on the menu in Forcat thankfully, and I think your 15 year olds will be ok for a week, but 2 might drag a bit. There is 2 squares with the usual tribute bands which were all good that we seen. I would reccomend the Vista Picas as a hotel/appartments. In the centre of town and although not having entertainment every night, plenty of pool space and sunbeds. There are bigger, the Binamar springs to mind, with more entertainment but I hear its a 'towel on sunbed at dawn' type place.

We had a day trip to Cala'n Bosch and didn't get a feeling there is as much to do evenings (apart from eat).

Rest of Minorca I hear is quiet.

Hope this helps, and let me know how you get on.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.