Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Well i would be looking for a apartment in Los Cristianos firstly. Secondly i would use either hollidaylettings.co.uk or ownersdirect.co.uk and i would be looking for anyone that owns a apartment on the Dinastia complex firstly or if you have no joy there then El Mirador complex. Both new complexes and very nice.

I have contact details for Dinastia but not for El Mirador. If you require any of these details then please PM me.
thanks clarets4ever, i've already been looking on one of those websites and there are some lovely places to rent including one of those you mentioned.i hadn't even thought about private rental until you suggested it so thanks again.we need to fly from a midlands airport, prefered one is east midlands as it is just down the road to us but birmingham is ok.who are the cheapest to book with?at the moment i've got a price of £1800 flights only for the 5 of us, is that ok? it seems a bit steep, it only cost me £300 pounds more to fly to florida in may but i don't know whether thats a comparison to make or not. anyway, thanks for your advice so far :wink
http://www.travelsupermarket.com/travelmerge/travelsearch.aspx?package=4

That is a good site for price comparison the problem you will have is the ridiculous ransom they hold you too for travelling at holiday time and sadly you may find it cheaper to travel from Birmingham. Sometimes a package may be better. I havent used a package for several years but if i was restricted to school holidays I may bite my lip and reconsider.
The private rental route and private flight arrangement is easily best for most other times of the year
Hi SunnyGirl,

Just returned from PDLA. We stayed at the LA SIESTA. Good clean hotel. Food is brilliant and the kids club is open all day. Pool area is very good. We stayed half board. Service and food in the restaurant was plentifull and loads of choices. They do a full board option. Hotel is in a good location. Shops and bars just around the corner. Nice Hotel, and im a bit picky - no compliants from me.
Have a gooden

Colin N-Ireland
thanks for your help colin and andrea :lol: i am restricted to school hols as i work in a school and have already taken 7 days off term time already!thanks for pm clarets4ever, i will see what my other half wants to do and let you know :D
were off here in 2 weeks and im a very fussy eater (British food only) any reccomendations or will i need to starve :D
There are loads of places that serve "british" food whatever that means.

Most restaurants cook chicken,beef,steak,pork, in any number of different styles all served with fresh vegetables. You must try the Canarian potatoes they are exquisite. Vegetarian meals are readily available. Fish is also in plentiful supply. There are McDonalds, KFC style takeaway places.

If you go hungry in PDLA then you are fussier than you describe
Thanks for that Angela
Hiya

Last year we stayed at the Playa la Arena hotel in the Playa la arena area, it's part of the Spring hotels. It was a lovely hotel. You can book the hotel online on either B&B, half board, full board and they are now doing an all inclusive option. You get 10% discount off when booking through their website and they will arrange for the return transfers included in the price.

There are absolutely loads of sun loungers there. We are going on the Saturday 20th October for 1 week. We booked the flights independently, however, eclipse/first choice do it going on the 19th October with everything included. Seemingly the Playa la arena area does tend to get more sun that some resorts closer to the airport.

Karen
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.