Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
To be honest, All Inclusive in Tenerife is not needed in my opinion. Eating out can be as cheap or expensive, it's what you make of it. Where are you looking to stay. Las Americas or Los Cristianos. Hotel or Apartment. 1 week or 2 week's flying from where.

Then lets see if we can narrow it down for you.

Having looked at your party of five, i would be inclined to rent a 2 bedroom apartment in Los Cristianos and book your flights seperately, whats your budget without food?
Would have to agree wih clarets4ever as I dont think you need All Inclusive. Would reccomend Springhoteles.com for hotel Bitacora, family friendly, great food, great accomadation,great location. Book online and you get 10% discount, choice of Bed&Breakfast,Half Board,or Full Board
  • Edited by beccafcr 2007-08-04 16:45:33
Just looked at Bitacora earlier in the day and some of the reviews are not so good. I would still look at private rental and i can put you in touch or recommend places to stay based upon 20 years plus of travelling to the island.
we travel to tenerife 3/4 times a year and have stayed in either Vulcano/Bitacora 5 times, both are excellent hotels for service, food, standard and location. You'll struggle to get a better 4 star in tenerife.
And with regards to reviews of bitacora on this website, there are only 2 negative of about last 10 reviews.
There maybe only 2 bad reviews, but if i am booking a hotel and see 2 from 10, then to me its not good. Thats my opinion and you have your own.

Who are we to argue, all we are trying to do is help a family looking for a holiday and the last thing we want is for them not to enjoy somewhere posters recommend.
Icouldn't agree more clarets4ever, thats the purpose of reviews so as to help people make there mind up.
hi sunnygirl couple years ago we stayed at Las Palmeras all inc, don t think entertainment was too good but its very central in las americas.
hi sunnygirl couple years ago we stayed at Las Palmeras all inc, don t think entertainment was too good but its very central in las americas.
hi sunnygirl couple years ago we stayed at Las Palmeras all inc, don t think entertainment was too good but its very central in las americas. food was ok rooms were clean etc. hope you find somewhere and enjoy your hols, we are returning on 14th aug and can t wait.
hi sunnygirl couple years ago we stayed at Las Palmeras all inc, don t think entertainment was too good but its very central in las americas. food was ok rooms were clean etc. hope you find somewhere and enjoy your hols, we are returning on 14th aug and can t wait.
I stayed in Bitacora and Iberostar Bouganville and was impressed with both location of Bitacora was my favourite though. Food good standard in both. Any questions on these places just ask

catherine
Hi Sunnygirl.

Never been but read lots of good things... Fiesta Floral at Playa Paraiso is an all inclusive, cant tell you what its like because we've never been but we were impressed with the reviews. If its the same as the other Fiesta hotels in Majorca and Ibiza it will be the typical cheesy butlins style entertainment that kids and adults enjoy if you are in the mood for it. We have always found fiesta hotels to be top notch for accomodation and food though. The reason I mention it is we have booked it with sky travel shop website 3 adults 2 kids and an infant for just under £2300 all inclusive, which in my opinion is a cracking deal. I couldnt even find a same quality half board deal much cheaper elsewhere (except tunisia) for the same period (2/10 to 16/10 2007). Only downsides are no beach (which we dont do anyway) and lack of things to do at the resort because its so small. Only other problem I see is keeping your teenagers amused, which I envisage with my 15 yr old son..
Sunnygirl

Please Please Please do NOT go AI. There are so many restaurants as Clarets4ever has said. You will be spoilt for choice and you can make your meal as cheap or as expensive as you like. The local bars and restaurants are being killed off because of these AI hotels, and do you really want to be sitting with the same people every day/evening whilst your eating, and be told what time you are going to eat. I would also go with claret on booking a private apartment. With three kids you want bit more room than a hotel can offer and you are not guided by their meal times etc. With kids of 16,14 and 7 I would be out all day be it an excursion, the beach or simply around the pool, and if they are enjoying themselves they are not going to be happy being told they have to go back to hotel for dinner. You will have so much more time and freedom to enjoy the island if you stay in an apartment. I bet if you book a private 2 bed apartment include your food, spending money and flights it will work out cheaper than booking a hotel, especially in school holidays. The areas I would consider are Costa Adeje, Fanabe, and Los Cristianos

Can you tell I love Tenerife [that's why I moved here] :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.