Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
I would say San Miguel, the hotel is better then the beach club ( I think so )... Close to the beach, entertainment really good, loads for the kids to do, good food & all inclusive at san miguel means all inclusive. You can leave your money in your safe all day. The kids get everything, ice cream,lollies,popcorn,burgers & chips, milkshakes, they even do kiddie cocktails, for adults there is plenty to do it all depends whether your the active type or like my wife the sunbed type ("sorry my dear")... The best thing to do is read all the reports about the resort on this site. My family & i have tried other hotels on the island but none compare to San miguel, some people hate it there but you cant please everyone. There is only one downside about the resort and that is, its out of the way, but we love the seclusion...If theres anything you would like to ask, then post the question and i will do my best to answer you & im sure there will be plenty of others who will :D
Haven't been to the Tanit but agree with the comments about San Miguel. The first year we stayed in the hotel we had a separate bedroom for our daughters, accessed from our bedroom, which was great as we had loads of space. I think there are quite a few with partitioned off sections etc but not sure if these are usually allocated to bigger family groups and we were just lucky! The usual four bedded rooms can be a bit cramped but they are all proper beds, not pull out beds, and you spend very little time in the room anyway.

Entertainment is excellent - always loads going on. Apparently San Miguel has been voted second best hotel in the world for entertainment by Thomson Superfamily customers this year.

We love it but it is a very quiet resort so no good for anyone who likes lots of shops/bars etc. Beach is great with a roped off area for swimmers and you have free use of canoes etc. Resort is very clean and in the hotel grounds, the cleaners ensure that everywhere is litter free, although I wish more people would get off their sunbeds to put their litter in the many bins provided instead of leaving it lying around.

We think the food was better this year than previously. Meat/fish is freshly cooked in the restaurant and there is always pasta/fresh vegetables, pizza quite often. They have speciality nights when you can get roast beef/pork etc, another where fresh fish is served - salmon/hake/prawns etc and one where different cheeses are available. The separate chinese restaurant is o.k. for a change.

If you want to go in school holidays you may have to book early as you will see from other reviews lots of people go back year after year (including us!!).

We have just booked direct with the hotel in an apartment again, but we got the last one available during next year's school summer holidays.
thanks! looking like tanit the reason is that san antonio is a short walk away and the san miguel there is nothing around
Well i would have agreed with everyone on San Miguel as well, but it looks like you have made up your mind for the Tanit. But San Miguel has all of your preferences, ESPECIALLY the good entertainment guys, which i can safely say and everyone will agree with me, they keep you very entertained, even just staring at them :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.