Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
My friends came back from Antique Palace last week, having spent 10 days there. They said that one of the blocks in the hotel is pretty dismal and that the management seem to try to put all new arrivals in there - chancing their arm, so to speak. My friends refused to accept the rooms in that block and spent one night there and then moved to another room in a different block which was absolutely fine. They said it was not the Ritz but the hotel overall was actually okay. They used their room to get ready in, sunbathed by the pool during the day, got ready again and went out at night either to nearby restaurants or down to long beach to the busier bars etc. They had travelled as a large group (a mixture of adults and children), never having been to Turkey before, and the Antique Palace certainly didn't put them off. Can I suggest that you wait until you arrive, rather than paying a second time for a hotel, and if it really is insufferable to you then speak to the Thomas Cook rep re a transfer. I can appreciate that you don't want your holiday spoiled and maybe would rather just pay a bit extra while still in the UK but, honestly, the problems with AP do mainly seem to be with one block which is used a bit like overspill from the other renovated blocks. I hope you get something sorted out to your satisfaction, I can remember having booked for the Holiday Village in Sarigerme the year it first opened and worrying myself sick for a month before we went due to reading bad reports from holidaymakers arriving back.
I would agree with wizyfam3.Wait until you get there and see how it goes.Most places will be full then,but if you dont like it there are plenty of other apts around,find one you like the look of and call in and ask them if they have any apts for your dates and how much.We was out in Marmaris in June and the apts we stay in,we book direct with the owner,while we was there we had a few families from the Antique Palace who wernt happy there that had a walk looking for some other apts and came across ours,they paid the owner and changed to ours,I may add that their tour operator said that they couldnt move them because they told them that all their apts were full !!,just see how it goes. :wave:
It really isn't that bad honestly! You could book nearby and end up somewhere far worse. I've just posted a review that is pending, so it should appear any time now. Its quite indepth, so hold off and read that first.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.