Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
I love the north of the island so I would say good family destinations are either Peurto Pollensa, Can Picafort or Alcudia.

But also Cala Millor further down!

Theres loads of others I would recommend for a couple but for a family with kids I would go for them. Magaluf and Palma Nova I found to be a bit too much of a young "up late" crowd (not criticising I used to be like that meself!) :wave: :wave:
Hi Sunflower40

Puerto Pollensa is lovely and very family oriented. I've had some lovely holidays there. We hire a villa and we've always found plenty to do nearby. Next year we've hired a villa near Cala d'Or. My first holiday to Majorca was at Porto Petro, near Cala d'Or and again it was a great resort - not too busy but enough to keep all the family occupied. I'll be interested to see if the area has changed at all!

Musicmaker
Thank you for your replies I must admit Cala d'or and puerto pollensa were on the top of our list. It is nice to have recommendations from people who have visited there :)

Julie
Hi,

We have been to Majorca for the last three years, and stayed at the Alcudia Pins in the Playa de Muro area of Alcudia which is just on the edge of the resort, which is set right on beach. Alcudia has a lovely beach with white sand and clear blue water. The resort is very family orientated and is large enough to have plenty to do day or evening. We enjoyed going to Pollensa in the evenings when it had a lovely atmosphere for walking round the shops and restaurants. We have also stayed at Cala Dor, but missed the long sandy beach of Alcudia. The beaches at Cala Dor are very small in comparison and very crowded in the daytime. Sa Coma also has a beautiful beach, which we visited frequently - the resort itself is smaller than Alcudia, but you have the big resort of Cala Millor just next door (another lovely beach) which has more shops, bars and restaurants.

We found Alcudia was the perfect resort for us as you have the beach you are close enough to Pollensa and the mountains to the north and to the other beaches and resorts along the east coast.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.