Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Hi Julie ... are you sure it's the Rio Park your niece stayed at ? It's certainly not miles from the beach, perhaps no more than a 10 minute stroll. You will always read mixed opinions about food at any hotel, but I think that the Rio Park usually attracts favourable comments from our members.

You will find individual topics and reviews pages for all the hotels that you have mentioned, which may help you find the one that is most suited to your tastes.

David :wave
I would stay at the Rio Park over the Palm Beach any day.
The Palm Beach is a long way from the beach and it's at the top of a very steep hill.
I have stayed at both hotels and the food at the Rio Park was far better than the Palm Beach.
The food at the Rio park is spot on and it is in the perfect position for the old town and also for the beach, my parents have stopped at this hotel loads previously and they're going in November and again in December.
Just back from the Calypso and the food was excellent. We were full board and the lunch time menu was very similar to usual hotel's evening meals ie not just a burger type lunch, but chicken kebabs, lamb chops, grilled chicken etc. Pool was good also. Plus there's 2 for 1 on all drinks 2pints lager €2.30 etc. Only problem maybe that the clientele are of the 'older' generation and the evening entertainment reflects this, however we sat outside on the terrace and enjoyed watching them enjoying themselves dancing away. Not a hotel however for either children or teenagers.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.