General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
strange one Mich

I have a Master-card [not pre paid] which i have use all over Europe including southern Cyprus and up to now never had a problem, [there are 297 ATM machines in southern Cyprus which take Master-card]

yasus
brian
Maybe they don't recognise travel agency pre-paid, i do not know Brian, but needless to say i will be not a happy bunny if mine is not accepted. Hopefully someone will be able to clarify this for me:) Thanks.
if it's backed by the Mastercard organisation as far as im aware they cant refuse them

but i forget we are talking about Cyprus..they will refuse there own mothers if they cant make excessive profits
I used my Fairfx card fine in Ayia Napa in May-09 and June 2010 ?
Thanks phildo

I thought it was strange when we went into first choice and they stated we couldn't use their currency Mastercard.

Obviously it wasn't a fairFX card, but nevertheless a Mastercard currency card.

The Manager stated for Greece and Cyprus they do not issue them because their is not enough mastercard signs and the ones that do have them, do not recognise the First choice logo.

The mind boggles.
Ah... I only use mine to draw cash at an ATM. I never use it for purchases in bars/restaurants so I don't know about acceptability in that sense but I just load before I go and then withdraw €300 a time which is the max so that the €1.50 fee is only 0.5%. I then use cash for all spending.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.