Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Hi Bell and welcome to HT :wave:

We had the same with Thomsons at Easter . Apparently problems with their ticketing machine . I started ringing about 3 weeks before we went and kept being told they should arrive any day . About 10 days before they finally stopped fobbing me off and checked but by that time it was too late to reissue . I was told they cannot reissue less than 14 days prior to flight .

Anyway everything went smoothly at Gatwick for us , we were told to just take our invoices etc with us and given an additonal booking ref different from that on our invoice . No problems at all and no you wont have to pay :)

lyn
Thank you for that! It just makes it so worrying. I booked with thomson last year and no problems received tickets three weeks before we went. I just like having the tickets in front of me. It kind of makes it more real. I'm just being a bit paronoid about collecting on arrival, I kind of feel fobbed off after calling them, they blaim it on royal mail then surely they can send it for the third time by recorded delivery at least they would have proof that they have been sent.

Thanks again lyn
Next time you ring dont be fobbed off with the "they should arrive any day now" ask them to check what date they were issued . They will know and it shouldnt take a rocket scientist to work out whether or not you should of received them .
We are due to fly out on the 7th of June and still have no tickets. We booked in January on the same day, same hour as our friends and they have had their tickets for over a week now. Phoned twice during the week and will phone again today. They say our tickets were sent out last Tuesday. Over the months we have had invoices sent, a meaningless amendment and several e-mails. Their system is shambolic, yes it`s Thomsons. Back to DIY for next year .
I think i'll be doing DIY next year too. Thomson was fine last year, tho twice i've used thomas cook its been a shambles with being charged incorrectly after payment, or trying to call to pay and not being able too. DIY holidays so far have gone fine!
Thomson still in a mess we had the same problem in March where we booked 11months in advance and it took 5 calls from us as many from the Travel Agent to get our tickets 5days prior to flying then we received 2 sets with the same excuse(ticket machine not working) what a way to run a buisness,and they wont go onto eticket as they wont be able to charge you for ticket on departure.
I have just come back from Cyprus and our tickets got lost in the post. We were going with Thomas Cooks booked through the co-op and they phoned me to day they would be sending the tickets recorded and would i be in on wed morning to sign for them. That is the service i would expect from all large TA
I used Thomson a short while back for a holiday and had no problems receiving my tickets before we travelled.
I have also paid for a last minute holiday and was asked to collect my tickets at the airport (TOD)
Again they were efficient and helpful at the airport......maybe I have been more fortunate than others.
things always seem great though when nothing goes wrong!
Hi,
Travelling with Thomson to Ibiza on 6th July.We received our ticket booklet today and I am impressed with not only receiving them this early but also the personal touches which are in the booklet.It has been very professionally done and looks like it is not just a mass produced booklet but feels as if it has been designed especially for my family.Hats off to Thomsons for this and a vey well done.
I am due to fly out on 26th June to Tenerife with Thomsons. Yesterday my tickets had still not arrived so I contacted the Thomsons shop I booked the holiday through to enquire on their whereabouts. Just as well I did as they told me that I would have to come to the shop to pick them up as they don't post them out anymore for security purposes.
Is this normal practice if booked through an actual shop instead of through their website. Just worried that they were fobbing me off!
Had to pick mine up from FC shop in January.
I think one of the reasons they like you to pick up the tickets from the shops, is to give a personal touch and to check that
everything is in hand and if not, they might be able to assist.

I prefer to book holidays on-line as you usually get instant written confirmation (which you don't if you do it by phone)

I agree, the new look booklet is a very nice addition.
Hi Bonnie

We had to pick up tickets from Luton and had booked 11 monts prior but had no probs just like you we did not like it but it now seems the norm with Thomson its happened about four times with us and the last two times we have received TWO sets of tickets one on the day we left!!!

Have a good holiday

Roger
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.