Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
ive been to marmaris, side and olu aswell as other resorts but i would say in my opinion olu deniz is the best, its a very pretty place with a good selection of all incs, olu deniz resort, sun city, belcekiz beach are 3 good ones and if you can afford lykia world its wonderful for kids and is full board + so drinks are included with meals and all day in the restaurants just really after 9.30 pm you would need to pay, but fabulous place, food to die for and tons for the kids inc water park, 17 swimming pools, etc have a look at their website but it does tend to be on the pricey side. olu has a lovely lagoon area thats so scenic, the have the usual boat trips etc too, the hassle is a lot less than marmaris and its much more scenic, hisaronu is 5 mins up the road and theres more shops, bars ,restaurants etc there too.

olu deniz is around 38 miles from dalaman and about 50-60 mins away in private trans can take an hour longer on coach stopping at loads of hotels on route.

have a read up on the hotel reviews ive mentioned and the resort reviews and gallery that might help. good luck
hello
thank you for your reply
think lykia would be a bit over budget for us
think going to take a good look at olu deniz
thank you
yes it is pricey but worth it, take a look at the other hotels i mentioned as they all get good reviews and are in a good location. sometimes diy works out cheaper than package too, i know a lot of accommodation only websites if you want any more info let me know
I have only ever been to olu deniz and icmeler. we love olu deniz . It is so scenic and at the same time there is plenty to keep you occupied but more laid back and no you dont get as much hassle. We always stay A/I and this is one of the reasons we like Olu in the fact that there are 3 great A/Is in the resort itself. We have stayed at sun city and Belcekiz beach hotel . we had brilliant times at both but i would say Belcekiz does take the lead :D . As karen says theres also lykia world which does look and sound fab but it is a couple of miles outside of olu. Belek I believe is mostly top quality hotels but i dont think there is an actual resort area. side does sound great , more european if you like that as I believe are most places served by Antayla airport. its worth checking out the reports for the Hemera that always gets good reviews and is A/I.

lyn
Hi, Cornelia Deluxe Resort hotel in Belek is lovely especially if you go for a swim up superior room. I understand the Zanadu Hotel is also a great ultra AI. Belek town is nothing to write home about if you're looking for traditional Turkey but it does have the usual tourist offerings - it just depends what you want. We've booked the new Thomson flagship Sensatori resort in Crete which opens next year and this has a small traditional greek village withing walking distance. Prices are rising rapidly though! When we priced up Lykia World in Olu it was coming up at over £10,000 - whats all that about? :?
hello
thank you for all your advice
i am going to do some quote on travelrepublic
i like the look of belcekiz beach club and astreria hotel and olu deniz resort
thanks for your tips
when using travelrepublic make sure you put in discount code cardstudent and that will give you about 7.5% discount , let us know what you decide
millymol. the belcekiz beach is only available through thomson/portland . but you can get a price for accomodation only from thomson web site and i believe the price is a good one . well it was the last time i looked anyway. It costs more to book with them direct.

lyn
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.