Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
I had a 9am arrival at Faro a few weeks ago - we reckoned on 40 minutes from Albufeira using the A22 motorway and it took 45. The only traffic hold up, and that was slight, was along the N125 between the Faro turn off and the airport road.

No telling for accidents, bad weather etc but from my experience 'rush hour' here, except in the actual city centres, is barely noticeable.
Great - thanks cubsur
Did the trip yesterday from Vilamoura to the airport. Left at 8.45am were in the terminal (after dropping off the car) at 9.30am. They don't know what a rush hour is!
thats true there are no rush hours here no queues brill roads
Except in Portimao! The city centre is being dug up for new gas mains etc and a lot of streets are closed. Should not affect most people, but it is fouling up the buses as they cannot go across the old bridge.

Also a lot of fun and games in Albufeira as the Eixo Vario (the main road east to west around town) is being resurfaced for the umpteenth time in 3 years.

Delays can always spring up and bite you it seems.
We didn't have any problems at all. Traffic was fine.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.